× Tips and techniques for getting the most out of surfskiing.

How many degress should the rudder be allowed to turn?

More
16 years 5 months ago #1269 by MFB
I readjusted the angle of my pedals as I always hit it with my toes thus causing an unwanted turn to the right or left. However, lowering it now also caused my rudder to have a lower turn angle at only 20 degrees. It seems sufficient but I just dont know if it will work on all conditions. It used to be around 38 degress. What do you guys suggest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1270 by [email protected]

I readjusted the angle of my pedals as I always hit it with my toes thus causing an unwanted turn to the right or left. However, lowering it now also caused my rudder to have a lower turn angle at only 20 degrees. It seems sufficient but I just dont know if it will work on all conditions. It used to be around 38 degress. What do you guys suggest?

Best thing to do is go out with a friend & compare turning circles. If you can turn as sharply as the other ski then you know you're fine.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 5 months ago #1271 by MFB

Best thing to do is go out with a friend & compare turning circles. If you can turn as sharply as the other ski then you know you're fine.

Got a bit of a problem Rob. Im the only one paddling surf ski here in my country.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1272 by [email protected]
Hey Mark!

Im the only one paddling surf ski here in my country.

Right! ;D

In that case I'd say take your ski out in chop/wind (not too strong!) and see how easy it is to turn into wind from broadside to it. If it's really difficult - you need more rudder!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics