× Tips and techniques for getting the most out of surfskiing.

Fitting ski Venturi to k1

More
8 years 8 months ago #24355 by Rob1
I'm wanting to fit a Venturi to my k1, an epic v12/14 type or whatever. I'm not concerned about rules and regulations regarding k1's and venturi's, I only paddle the k1 for training. Have tried a couple of pump set ups but I don't really like them. Any advice, tips, pictures or etc would be good. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #24357 by jagter
Replied by jagter on topic Fitting ski Venturi to k1
I would imagine the first step would be sealing off the nose and tail sections.

A k1 will take a LOT more water than a ski bucket while you are standing still, so you'll have to minimize the volume 'exposed' to the venturi.

Maybe have a look at the Carbonology sit on top K1s for some ideas. For 1 thing I noticed that they use soft rubber pipe as a scupper, instead of hard carbon. That allows the boat to keep it's ability to slide over rocks and weirs without breaking off your carbon scuppers.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by jagter.

More
8 years 8 months ago #24361 by zachhandler
The marathon canoes people race in North America are fully open and usually have an anderson bailer installed. www.wenonah.com/Canoes.aspx?id=137

They do not generally leak water through the bailer. A venturi that can't be closed however would be a disaster with all the volume in an open boat.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
8 years 7 months ago #24371 by Bob L.
Replied by Bob L. on topic Fitting ski Venturi to k1
What is the correct spacing for the bullet from the front cone?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob1

More
8 years 7 months ago #24372 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Fitting ski Venturi to k1
Just fit a bailer! At least you wont sink every time you stop.
Could be quite a hassle trying to put a plug in the hole every time you start going slow.

Latest Forum Topics