Around Bowen Race

More
16 years 10 months ago #478 by AlanC
Around Bowen Race was created by AlanC
The 8th Annual Around Bowen race is this Saturday. This one of the longest Canadian ocean kayak racing events at 28 km in variable waters from Canadian style flat (i.e. glassy smooth flat, oil slick flat, less than 1 mm waves flat,...) to 2 m high reflected wash from the rocky shores of Bowen Island (see map at maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&om=1&hl=...08,0.376282&t=k&z=12)

Check out at www.bowenislandkayaking.com/index.php?op...iew&id=34&Itemid=139}

Conditions look good- no snow in the forecast! Nice and warm for early June with a high of 19 C under mixed sun and clouds. Awesome!

The race will be through peak outflow (a 4 m tidal change) so there could be some challenging water. Especially if there are W or NW winds and we run counterclockwise.

See you there.

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #479 by [email protected]
I have to say I'm a) glad that you have nice conditions forecast, and b) full of admiration for you people with the way you go paddling in snow/icebergs etc.

I have a priceless photo of HukiGirl literally breaking ice in a Mark 1.

I have another of her showing off her maple leaf bikini in the snow with the Mark 1 too - but that's another story!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 10 months ago #480 by mckrouk
Replied by mckrouk on topic Re: Around Bowen Race
I THINK WE NEED TO SEE THESE PHOTOS, ROB!!!

Latest Forum Topics