Camelbak on a V10

More
16 years 4 months ago #1410 by altanticcoastkayakracing
Greetings!

New to this site and new to the V10-

I'm receiving my boat next week.

On my last ski, I had a very convenient hatch behind to store my Camelbak.

What's the deal with the Epic boats? Under the bungees?

Great site and hope to participate more!!!

ackr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #1411 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: Camelbak on a V10
You pay a premium for a chinese made Epic compared to all other brands of ski and then have to get hatches etc fitted at yr expense. My friend got a hatch fitted to his V10 and it works well.

The lack of a hatch was one off several reasons why i ended up with a Think EVO over the V10 Sport.

• nell
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #1412 by nell
Replied by nell on topic Re: Camelbak on a V10
Yes, Stick the camelback in front of the footboard secured to the bungees up there (not the bungees behind you). That way it will be lower down on the ski. Make sure your drink tube is long enough. The mako 6 setup is the same and it works very well.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1413 by altanticcoastkayakracing
thanks nell-
......and my drink tube is plenty long. I bought the add-on drink tube for my other boat and never cut it,
I would just pull out what I need and coiled the balance in the hatch.

It should reach from the footboard to drinking postion no problem......

ackr

More
16 years 3 months ago #1414 by Ritchie Cunningham

You pay a premium for a chinese made Epic and then have to get hatches etc fitted at yr expense.

Not having a need for a hatch, I very much prefer it that way. The V10s are designed for getting out in some angry seas and catching big bumps. There's no time for hatches, because if you take a spill, you can barely hang on to the boat. You just climb back on and go.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1415 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: Camelbak on a V10

Not having a need for a hatch, I very much prefer it that way. The V10s are designed for getting out in some angry seas and catching big bumps. There's no time for hatches, because if you take a spill, you can barely hang on to the boat. You just climb back on and go.

Wow thats makes heaps of sense. ::)

In the context of a hatch being a storage compartment for a camelback or car keys etc they are handy.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1416 by Ritchie Cunningham

Wow thats makes heaps of sense. ::)

In the context of a hatch being a storage compartment for a camelback or car keys etc they are handy.

It does make sense. I have a single key that is used specifically for water sports. It gets looped to a cord sewn into a velcroed pocket. The hydration system is bungeed in front of the steering mech. I leave my purse and the rest of its contents in my car. Seriously, the V10 is a race boat and if a paddler needs a hatch, they can easily build one into the forward bulkhead. Personally, I'd be royally pissed if this beautifully sleek form-follows-function ultra-high performance watercraft came with a big hole drilled into it with a cheap plastic screw thing glued in place.

Latest Forum Topics