seat size

More
16 years 3 months ago #1572 by paddlingfool
seat size was created by paddlingfool
Could anybody advise me on a choice of ski for wide hips ? I come from a K1 background ,and am currently paddling an old "spec" ski .
I have paddled an XT and an Epic Sport , both are good , but don't feel much faster than a spec ski , I cannot fit in the seat of a V10L or a Mako6 , so I was wondering if there are any other alternatives/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1573 by Ritchie Cunningham
Replied by Ritchie Cunningham on topic Re: seat size

I have paddled an XT and an Epic Sport , both are good , but don't feel much faster than a spec ski , I cannot fit in the seat of a V10L or a Mako6 , so I was wondering if there are any other alternatives/

Have you done flatwater timed-run comparisons of at least 30-60min. on a known course? My impression is that by-the-seat-of-the-pants, I cannot perceive the difference in speed of a slower boat and a significantly faster boat. By the latter I mean a boat that will on a 60min. course, have me finishing .5 mi. ahead of myself than on the slower boat.

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago #1574 by Alain Jaques
Replied by Alain Jaques on topic Re: seat size
The Epic V10 Sport (Chinese made version) has a wide seat. It comes with pockets that you stick onto the sides of the seat and fill with the provided foam inserts until the fit is snug.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1575 by stuartknaggs
Replied by stuartknaggs on topic Re: seat size
I find the Icon seat has plenty of room around my not too athletic rear. It measures 40cm (16 inches) across the wide part of the bucket.

Stuart

More
16 years 3 months ago #1576 by yhomas
Replied by yhomas on topic Re: seat size
Huki S1X and S1X Special have a wide seat option. The seat is definitely wider than the Mako 6. The Huki is stable enough that you can use padding on the seat as well, which can give you more or less room depending on how you do it.

Latest Forum Topics