Re: seat size

More
16 years 3 months ago #1577 by paddlingfool
Re: seat size was created by paddlingfool
Thanks for the responses , yes , I regularly do time trials over an 8klm course , for me , the spec ski does 40 min. the xt about 15seconds faster , the V10 Sport about 10 seconds faster still . I am sure that those figures could be improved if I could fit into something like a V10L , but stability is also an issue on bumpy water , for flat water , I use the K1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1578 by stuartknaggs
Replied by stuartknaggs on topic Re: seat size
John, just curious - how do you fit into a K1 if you find the skis too small. My K1 is MUCH tighter than my ski.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1579 by paddlingfool
Replied by paddlingfool on topic Re: seat size
I paddle a lancer x which is an old style boat , the newer boats like the Nelo are too narrow .

More
16 years 3 months ago #1580 by yhomas
Replied by yhomas on topic Re: seat size

Thanks for the responses , yes , I regularly do time trials over an 8klm course , for me , the spec ski does 40 min. the xt about 15seconds faster , the V10 Sport about 10 seconds faster still . I am sure that those figures could be improved if I could fit into something like a V10L , but stability is also an issue on bumpy water , for flat water , I use the K1.

You really should try the Huki S1X Special with wide seat option. It is about as wide of a seat as can be made into a 17 inch wide boat. I think that you will be surprised about the stability as well--more stable (primary and secondary) than the V10 or Mako 6.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1581 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re: seat size
Hi John,

You're more than welcome to try out the Evo, it's got a 19" seat, even at that you might be pushing it though. I think with your stability from K1s, a small pad might not be an issue to make it more comfortable and give you more room in the seat pan.

You doing the time trail on Saturday?

Hope you're getting some training done for the Marathon Series, all the best mate.

Latest Forum Topics