Epic Small Mid Wing Full Carbon innertube loose

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #19623 by AR_Junkie
I recently bought an Epic Small Mid Wing Full Carbon paddle in South Africa for a friend and bought it back home. When I assemble the paddle I noticed the inner tube (with the length markings) was loose and that the fit between the two blade parts was very very tight.

I cant go back to the shop since im already back home abroad so my question is how do I glue the parts together ? What glue should I use ? Should I sand down the inside of the opposing blade (with the lock) or the outside of the tube with markings to make them fit together more easily or just try to assemble them and hope time will make them more easy to assemble? I got an old and a brand new epic mid wing full carbon and the fit is not at all as tight on those..
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by AR_Junkie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #19629 by Kocho
A while back I removed and reglued the inner tube of my Epic mid wing using 3M Marine adhesive, 5200 I think, "fast acting" (in quotations, because it still takes a long time to fully set).

As for the tightness, mine is also fairly tight, but has not been a problem separating. See if there is some residue inside on the female side and scrape it off carefully. If needed, I'd sand off the insert, as it is easier to see the results, plus it can be easily replaced.

More
10 years 3 months ago #19630 by Jmuzz
You should still contact Epic SA with some pictures. Just because you arent in the country doesnt mean they wont help out with a product you purchased there, perhaps come to an agreement if you cover postage or something. Probably cost no more than buying the glue and stuff you will need.
Worth a try.

More
10 years 3 months ago #19632 by Kocho
Very good idea indeed. In fact, aren't there any Epic reps where you are? Like most goods with warranty (provided you bought new), I would imagine that there is some sort of international warranty, and this is certainly something that sounds like a manufacturing issue that should be covered. Of course, it might be much faster to just fix it yourself and enjoy it, compared to an alternative involving shipping and long wait (Epic might still have some good advice and possibly cover repair costs, so contacting them is worth a try anyway).

More
10 years 3 months ago #19633 by AR_Junkie
Thanks for the replies. Im in contact with an Epic representative here in Sweden and getting help to solve this, so both thumbs up !

Latest Forum Topics