Decent wing paddles

More
9 years 7 months ago #21381 by RobJakee
Decent wing paddles was created by RobJakee
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new paddle, as my 'Mana Carbon Wing' is not holding up (I've discovered hairline fractures in the inside of the wing, and where it joins to the shaft!!). It only cost about $270 so you get what you pay for....!

Anyway, thinking about other brands. Epic comes to mind, especially their mid and small mid paddles. Not sure what the real difference is, as it's only a 2% difference in surface area (which I'd think is hardly a difference at all in my mind!).

I don't want to spend more than around $500. The Epic seems to fit the bill, but I'm happy to look at others. I've also found lendal and legend paddles on the net but not sure what they're like...

In terms of use, I'm not racing only paddling for fitness and fun.

Any tips much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #21397 by Nige
Replied by Nige on topic Decent wing paddles
Hi there,

You don't say where you live, but there are some top quality South African made paddles which are well priced. Look at Gara and Orka, they are both very good, and used by a lot of the top paddlers here in SA. The Epic which you have referred to is also worth considering.

PS I have no vested interests in any of the above, I use a Jantex, which is excellent, but pretty expensive.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Nige. Reason: Crap English!

More
9 years 7 months ago #21398 by uk_exile
Replied by uk_exile on topic Decent wing paddles
Legend paddles are good. Well made & very popular here in New Zealand, but then they are NZ made so that accounts for part of the popularity.

More
9 years 7 months ago #21418 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic Decent wing paddles
Have you considered repairing it or having it repaired? Probably a simple fix. I repaired my orca, it cracked where the blade fits on the shaft. It was cracked and taking on water. Has a lot of miles on it since. Repaired with epoxy, fiberglass and cabasil.
A lot cheaper than a new paddle and at least good to keep around for spare. Don't know that a more expensive paddle will assure
better durability.

Latest Forum Topics