grip tape

More
6 years 4 months ago #30382 by inflateable
grip tape was created by inflateable
Hi all, I'm struggling with grip on my feet when I drive though on my stroke. My heels slip as I drive through, and it really messes up the amount of power I can put through to the paddle.

I use surfwax at the moment, and that works for a while, but it wears off too quickly. I'm thinking about putting some grip tape or skateboard deck tape on the heel plates to get a bit more traction, but I'm curious to know what other solutions anyone has?

I mostly paddle and race spec skis in lifesaving comps and oceanman, but just getting into downwind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #30399 by Kiwi Dave
Replied by Kiwi Dave on topic grip tape
I have used 3M Satety-Walk 200 series (transparent) as its described as "For wet, barefoot-traffic areas" :D

Has stood the test of time very well and is not too abrasive on the feet ... also used it on my paddle strike areas. Its been on 2 years and no sign of yellowing or shrinkage etc.

More
6 years 4 months ago #30400 by Cryder
Replied by Cryder on topic grip tape
I use a .125" foam SUP deck pad from a company called NSI (North Shore Inc.). Just cut it and stick it down. Works great.

More
6 years 4 months ago #30403 by inflateable
Replied by inflateable on topic grip tape
The safety tape looks like what I'm after. I think deck grip will be too thick, as my ski is fixed leg length and it'll shorten it a bit. Thanks all

More
6 years 4 months ago #30406 by davgdavg
Replied by davgdavg on topic grip tape
Surfboard tailpads work really well and are already about the right size.

Latest Forum Topics