• Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #30633 by xavdhr
Nelo coach app was created by xavdhr
Hi,

Does someone use this app?
Any thoughts/inputs?

Cheers,
X

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #31090 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Nelo coach app
> Does someone use this app?

I wish I could...

> Any thoughts/inputs?

I do have thoughts... I've been looking for a decent android app and so far have come empty-handed. For one, none can prevent splashes on the screen from messing things up.

WRT the Nelo app, there are no reviews on Google Play, which is not a good sign, and the price is high for an Android app, so it better be worth it! I ended up signing up for an account at www.nelocoach.com and I noticed that when you sign up it says that they will review your application and send you a trial version. That's the only mention of a trial anywhere, I had even sent email to nelo asking for a trial version and never gotten a response.

So after signing up I waited for a trial version of the app and of course nothing happened. I then sent an email asking for the trial app to every nelo email I could find and eventually someone responded and after a couple of back-and-forths they sent me an apk file, which I installed. Well, next thing is that I got stuck on the login: when I try my account creds to log in to the app I get a bad password error message (which comes so fast I really doubt it even talks to their server). The "create account" button in the app also returns a bad password error, which makes no sense. So I sent an email to Nelo and now a few days later I get a 1-liner "it should be working now" but .... it doesn't (multiple tries on multiple phones).

I also noticed that the nelocoach site one logs into to review one's sessions is plain HTTP, i.e. not encrypted, which is absolutely inexcusable these days (after all, HTTPS certs are free).

The summary so far is that every aspect of this Nelo app that I look at and experience makes me want to run away. Asking $20 up-front on Google Play is pretty gutsy, I must say. At this point I'm just going to continue to see what happens, but I'm not holding my breath!

• xavdhr
  • Visitor
6 years 6 days ago #31095 by xavdhr
Replied by xavdhr on topic Nelo coach app
Thanks for the update.
I must say I gave up on this one...

Latest Forum Topics