club carbon vs full carbon epic paddle

More
5 years 5 months ago #33039 by sski
737 g vs 680 g or about 2 oz difference...prob mostly balanced in the shaft. How much difference for a paddler who very rarely goes over 10KM?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #33042 by Wingnut
I have the full carbon paddle and based my decision to buy on how they felt when I checked them out in a paddle shop. They seemed like two completely different paddles to me not just one lighter than the other. I'm glad I spent the extra money.

More
5 years 5 months ago #33044 by PSwitzer
I use a full carbon, had never tried anything else when I started years ago. Then a paddled a run with a buddy's club carbon and I thought it felt great and couldn't believe how such a small difference in feel made such a big difference in price.

Here's a thought experiment- let's say they release a new "Elite carbon" paddle that weighs 2 oz less than the regular full carbon- would you pay an extra hundred bucks for it?

• MCImes
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #33058 by MCImes
Replied by MCImes on topic club carbon vs full carbon epic paddle
Although I dont have much experience with fiberglass-carbon shaft blends (like the club carbon), the couple times ive tried it, the flex in the shaft is noticeable. Some like this, I personally don't.

Also if you have the money this week, the 11-11 sale on aliexpress means you can get a full carbon wing paddle for less than $160 usd including shipping

www.aliexpress.com/store/product/carbon-...56.56.1b80763fXKidwn

or many others
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by MCImes.

Latest Forum Topics