club carbon vs full carbon epic paddle

9 months 2 weeks ago #33039 by sski
737 g vs 680 g or about 2 oz difference...prob mostly balanced in the shaft. How much difference for a paddler who very rarely goes over 10KM?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 2 weeks ago #33042 by Wingnut
I have the full carbon paddle and based my decision to buy on how they felt when I checked them out in a paddle shop. They seemed like two completely different paddles to me not just one lighter than the other. I'm glad I spent the extra money.

9 months 2 weeks ago #33044 by PSwitzer
I use a full carbon, had never tried anything else when I started years ago. Then a paddled a run with a buddy's club carbon and I thought it felt great and couldn't believe how such a small difference in feel made such a big difference in price.

Here's a thought experiment- let's say they release a new "Elite carbon" paddle that weighs 2 oz less than the regular full carbon- would you pay an extra hundred bucks for it?

9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #33058 by MCImes
Although I dont have much experience with fiberglass-carbon shaft blends (like the club carbon), the couple times ive tried it, the flex in the shaft is noticeable. Some like this, I personally don't.

Also if you have the money this week, the 11-11 sale on aliexpress means you can get a full carbon wing paddle for less than $160 usd including shipping

www.aliexpress.com/store/product/carbon-...56.56.1b80763fXKidwn

or many others

Currently - Swordfish S in Southern California's ocean waters
Past Boats: Epic V10 g0, Stellar SR g1, Fenn XT g1
"When you've done something right, they wont know you've done anything at all"

Latest Forum Topics

Interval training, good or bad? (9 Posts)

12 hours 22 minutes ago

Getting lost (9 Posts)

12 hours 36 minutes ago

Surf-ski rental in Copenhagen, Denmark (6 Posts)

18 hours 20 minutes ago
Protected by R Antispam