Re: Efficiency of cockpit drains

More
15 years 8 months ago #2289 by rojo
Hi Rob,
I already tried to reproduce the calculations Red7 did with their design but I am not done yet. When done it should be the easiest way to improve performance on an existing boat. Quite a bit of work though to get the theoretical model right.

The reason I am asking is, that I do not have much chance for comparison of different drain times but my impression was, that the V10 I tested did drain faster than my Fenn. I am not sure if this is a problem at all, if it is special to my individual boat or a general charcteristic of the Fenn design.

Cheers

Rolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #2290 by [email protected]
In my experience:

- Red7 drains extremely quickly
- V10 Sport drains quickly but not as quickly as the Red7
- Fenn Mako6 is acceptable but not as quick as V10

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
15 years 8 months ago #2291 by mckrouk
Can I fit red 7 bullets to my mako 6 or are the scuppers too different in size? If so, can I buy them somewhere?

More
15 years 8 months ago #2294 by [email protected]
I'll ask the Red7 guys if they are selling them yet - seems like a useful "kit" to offer.

I know they had a slight challenge to production recently - their factory in PE burnt down... fortunately they had already licensed the manufacture of the Red7 Surf70 Pro to a company in Durban.

I'll ask them & report back.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics