Re: Cleaning Drinking Bladders

More
16 years 9 months ago #425 by deanjordaan
I tend to be tardy cleaning my drinking system - it usually lies in the sink until my wife (justifiably) gets annoyed. I've found that if you use a super potent drink like Cytomax, guess what, it starts to grow!

Anyway, I've successfully used a baby bottle sterilizer to clean my drinking system when necessary! Just soak for a while in warm water. :o

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #426 by SteveR
I just got my 5 liter Camelbak system after the cat punctured my 3 liter bag. I found a fish tank tube cleaning brush system- a long semi-stiff plastic rod connected to a soft plastic bristle brush. Feed the rod down the fouled tubing, pull through the brush. Worked great. Check out the pet stores or local fish clubs.

I changed the tube from the bladder to a more flexible tube, connected to a stiff polyethylne section for proper tube placement, then a Tygon brand tube with a large Tygon brand tube PVC glued over it for a tooth gripper. Make sense? The Tygon tubing is softer, gentler on my lips/teeth/gums. The larger tube glued over the normal Tygon tube is only 3/8" long, something to grab on and won't fall out of mouth unless I let it go.
SteveR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics