bullet scuppers

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #5263 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Re:bullet scuppers
Sandpaper and araldite (epoxy) and you'll need a crowbar to remove them.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Dicko. Reason: not wearing glasses......spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5266 by lost john
Replied by lost john on topic Re:bullet scuppers
I have glued weedguards and homemade scupper bullets onto 2" wide X 30 mil vinyl plywrap using contact cement and then stuck the plywrap onto my skis. They don't come off unless I peel them off, and they don't leave any glue residue on the ski.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5268 by timforan
Replied by timforan on topic Re:bullet scuppers
Draftbuster wrote:

Go back to your homemade ones then.

Sorry that you have taken offense to my comment im sure no one is going to begrudge anyone trying to make a dollar and if their prepared to put in the time and effort to fill a need then more credit to them.And if the product is as good as is advertised then even better.My thinking is more along the lines that I would need two bullet scuppers so that would be $80.Im sure you would agree that after market products may be excellent items but are only as good as the installation and application.Now I am thinking these bullet scuppers look the goods and $80 the pair is affordable as a one off.But the bottom of my boat is nice and shiny and regularly polished and I would be concerned that anything applied to the underside of my boat wont stay put for any extended time.Causing my concern of parting with my $80 for something that may spend the rest of its life on the bottom of the ocean.The quality validity or value of these scuppers isn't really a concern.Only my ability to glue them on nice and tight.

That is $40 bucks for the pair and postage. Silicon is more than adequate and will come off with turps. Doesn't stain or leave residue.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5270 by AndyPaddler
Replied by AndyPaddler on topic Re:bullet scuppers
$40 for a pair to your door is a bargain. I ordered mine last week as soon as I became aware of them. Nice work Tim and great to see a local guy creating product for us.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5404 by mortenlinding
Replied by mortenlinding on topic Re:bullet scuppers
Hi
I have just mounted a pair of Tims bullets on my Robberg Express.
They work great. At 9,4 Km/h I have that great suction sound and my ski is dry.
Since I live in Denmark where the water temperature reaches 1-2 oC in the winter time, it´s nice to have dry feet and now also at a lower speed :cheer:

Morten

Current ski: Carbonology Vault Hybrid 1. Gen / Nordic kayaks Storm / SS2 Carbonology Zest

More
13 years 6 months ago #5411 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re:bullet scuppers
So I'll repose the never answered question.
Are you going to be making these for a V10?

I'll happily pay for dry feet and slurpy sounds......

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
13 years 6 months ago #5414 by timforan
Unfortunately given the cut-away profile of the hull behind the scupper cover of the V10 it doesn't allow for a bullet to be placed there. Most of the other skis have a flat profile behind the scupper cover.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #5416 by Rightarmbad
The contour of the hull can easily be allowed for in the mold.
Do you think that the contour would stop an effective bullet being created, or just that it won't be easy as the bullet would have to be molded to the shape of the hull?

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Rightarmbad. Reason: silly spelling

More
13 years 6 months ago #5419 by AndyPaddler
Replied by AndyPaddler on topic Re:bullet scuppers
Rightarmbad wrote:

The contour of the hull can easily be allowed for in the mold.

why would you say that as it would require a two sided two part mould that is more difficult to create and fill. The current scuppers can be made in an open mould. Much easier!! Also v10 opening requires the cut away or the hole and water volume at exit would be halved.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5420 by Hiro
Replied by Hiro on topic Re:bullet scuppers
Ordered some from Huki
www.huki.com/store/index.php?main_page=p...th=13&products_id=75
will tell you how they work when I'll have them.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5421 by Rightarmbad
Two molds, stick em together.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5422 by timforan
These were first ground out of high density EVA and than scanned with a Cad-cam machine. After any imperfections were adjusted for they were than milled out of polyprop.

Don't take this the wrong way but it would take a lot of fiddling to add a second peice under the original bullet to fill the void. I just do this tinkering for fun when I should really be doing work and I just couldn't be bothered (no offence).

More
13 years 3 months ago #6050 by moosterbounce
Replied by moosterbounce on topic Re:bullet scuppers
Are these still available? The linky in a previous post can now not be found. I'm looking to give one a go on a PRS. Or is there another option that I've missed on this ski to improve drainage?

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6805 by Smoky000
Replied by Smoky000 on topic Re:bullet scuppers
I would also be interested to know if these are still available from any supplier?

I've been in contact with Green7 (none available in Australia - maybe sending some with next shipment) and Huki (promised a freight quote, but no further replies).

If there is an Australian supplier, please let me know!
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Smoky000.

More
12 years 11 months ago #6806 by Hiro
received the ones I ordered from Huki, sent to French Polynesia, no problem. Jude is always busy, you should try to ask again...

More
12 years 11 months ago #6807 by Rightarmbad

More
12 years 11 months ago #6819 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re:bullet scuppers
That Bourbon Orca is a work of art!

Nice to see a nod to the Red 7 bullet scuppers and Anderson bailer in thier design.

Nest step, retractable bullet scupper :woohoo:

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #7241 by gregwalsh
Replied by gregwalsh on topic Re:bullet scuppers
HI tehre please can you tell me or give me a link where I can buy these from

More
12 years 9 months ago #7242 by Smoky000
Replied by Smoky000 on topic Re:bullet scuppers
I managed to get a set from huki ski's (www.huki.com)
At $40 for a pair of bullet scuppers, they were a bargain, and work a treat! If you want them in a hurry & don't live in the US, don't bother with the online ordering. Get on the phone instead for prompt service.

I fitted them to a Fenn Millenium customised with a single footwell. I haven't confirmed their working speed with a gps, but even at a very gentle pace (I'm not a fast paddler) they're sucking their little hearts out, while my mates are still sitting in their puddles of water. 12 paddle strokes from a standing start & all the water is out. Awesome!

More
12 years 2 months ago #9806 by Hiro
huki scuppers fitted on a mako6
Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics