Drinking system - Mod to the Mocke PFD

More
16 years 9 months ago #551 by deanjordaan
I recently bought a [glow=red,2,300]Mocke [/glow] PFD, not just because Dawid is my hero, but also because:

-I like the design (quick drain, comfortable, etc)
-I wanted an onboard drinking system

The one thing I didn't like was the bite valve. It was noticably inferior to my Camelbak - the Camelbak bite value is awesome, its comfortable and you don't struggle at all to suck (sic).

You can buy the Camelbak bite value seperately, which I did, and then attached it to the Mocke PFD drinking system. The problem is the Camelbak value is too narrow for the Mocke PFD drinking system. But this is nothing a generous wrapping of plumbers tape won't solve. And there you go, a great PFD/drinking system with the best bite value on the market.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #552 by MFB
I also bought a mocke pfd. Same reason as yours plus Mocke is my Ski hero. Hey, everyone needs heroes. ; ) Hope he can release an instructional dvd soon.

I bought the Camelbak tube director, big bite valve and L hydrolock (for transporting). The tube director comes with its own standard length tubing. Im using those with the bladder the mocke came with. Tube director is a must have for paddlers. The bite valve is always there for easy access. It stays put even after several tumbles and side mounts.

I got it here www.backcountry.com/store/group/59/c/s8/...ion-Accessories.html

For cleaning tips, go here forum.bikemag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat...r=140298&Main=139348

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics