Fenn IV = Brasca IV Min or Brasca IV Max

More
16 years 7 months ago #932 by MFB
HI,

Do you guys know if the Fenn IV is the same as the Brasca IV min or max? It just says that its " Mid-volume paddle, teardrop design modeled after the Hungarian Brasca lV, great for surfski."

How many sq cm is the Fenn IV?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #933 by [email protected]

Do you guys know if the Fenn IV is the same as the Brasca IV min or max? It just says that its " Mid-volume paddle, teardrop design modeled after the Hungarian Brasca lV, great for surfski."

How many sq cm is the Fenn IV?

I asked Keith and he thinks it's closer to the min - it's definitely a smaller, long distance blade. It has an insert (i.e. it plugs into the shaft) instead of a collar fit to the shaft - he believes that's stronger. He says he's just started making a new, bigger blade that some of the guys in East London are changing to - he hasn't given it a model number yet. It was based on an old paddle that he used to use - he's made the blade slightly smaller than it was, but it's bigger than the Fenn IV.

He doesn't know the sq cm size of the Fenn IV blade!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 7 months ago #934 by MFB
Epic mid wing is 750, small wing 735. Brasca IV min is 735, max 765. Fenn IV is ...

Is Bratcha IV modelled after brasca IV too?

More
16 years 7 months ago #935 by MFB
I emailed Zsolt on what Kajner model he uses. I also asked what Brasca IV paddle I should use for surfski if its the min or max. According to him, the one he uses is basically the same (Kajner) as the Brasca IV. As per his advice, I go for the min instead.

I just spent 3 hours paddling today. Aside from the debris getting stuck in my all weed rudder (hehehe), paddle is just perfect for surfski!

Thanks Zsolt!

Latest Forum Topics