Surfski with the Pros - K Brunette

• Nims
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #15022 by Nims
Giddy all -

Does anyone know a New Zealand supplier / agent for this book? Can't find it anywhere thru the usual chains.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #15024 by JML
Don't know of a NZ supplier but if you cannot get one there we can supply one from Oz. www.fitnesspaddlers.com.au
We have sent a number of them to NZ.
John

• Nims
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #15027 by Nims
Replied by Nims on topic Re: Surfski with the Pros - K Brunette
Cheers John, have looked at the web site and will send an email for pricing.

More
11 years 3 months ago #15036 by sAsLEX
I got it through these guys, also got the ABC DVD as a combo.

Well priced and good service.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nims

• Nims
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #15037 by Nims
Replied by Nims on topic Re: Surfski with the Pros - K Brunette
Thanks saslex. Have ordered the book didn't notice the DVD, unfortunately.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15229 by kevin brunette
An electronic version of SURFSKI with the Pros... is now available for viewing in .pdf format in a Windows environment. Visit www.withthepros.co.za for more details and to download the file.

The book requires a unique activation key which is provided following a PAYPAL transaction. The file can be copied to any computer and the sample pages viewed, but the full book will only open on a specific computer once a valid activation key is input.

FENN Bluefin, XT, Swordfish S
Author and publisher at South Easter Communications of books in the SURFSKI series, aimed at recreational to advanced paddlers. Look at the Facebook page Surfski know-how and visit www.lulu.com/spotlight/southeastercommunications

More
11 years 2 months ago #15325 by slim white
Deception with this book. Grey and small letters. Nothing new on the surfski teaching. Miss of order in the book without mentioning the way to star and insisting a little bit more in the solutions not to capsize and how avoid it.

When you get what you want you don´t want what you get

More
11 years 2 months ago #15400 by jtresfon

slim white wrote: Deception with this book. Grey and small letters. Nothing new on the surfski teaching. Miss of order in the book without mentioning the way to star and insisting a little bit more in the solutions not to capsize and how avoid it.

Are you sure you've got the right book? Where is the deception???

You are incorrect on every point! The text is full colour. The book contains almost EVERY aspect of learning to surfski as developed through Dawid Mocke's surfski school over years of training people of all levels. The book starts with the basics and moves on to advanced topics, how is this "miss of order"? There are specific sections on recovering a capsize? Did you even read it? Are you even a surfski paddler?

Surfski with the Pro's is a full colour text interspersed with high quality photos and illustrations. It's currently the BIBLE of surfski training, there is no other book out there with this level of content.

Or perhaps you are right, guess maybe 3 x World Champion Surfskier Dawid Mocke and his Olympian kayaker and former World Champion Surfskier wife Nikki Mocke are maybe poor role models to learn from...

Regards
Jean.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #15404 by Ric
apologies... thanks Rob for the correction
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Ric. Reason: he's spanish, not a troll

More
11 years 2 months ago #15405 by [email protected]
I don't think slim white is a troll - I think it's more likely that there's a problem with translation. (He lives in Spain.)

But Slim White, it's true, your description of the book that you have doesn't sound at all like "Surfski with the Pros".

Is it this book you're talking about?

Click here for a review of Surfski with the pros

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
11 years 2 months ago #15409 by slim white
The text is in blueish small letters. I agree the book is in full colour the text is not easy to read.
Dawid Mocke, I agree, is a full champion but I am not judging his surfski carrier I am giving my opinion about the book and the poor method of order in the sections.You ask for my opinion in order to improve the book not to put honey on it. The book is fully understood but you have not take of all arguments and possibilities that offers the name of Mocke reputation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15410 by [email protected]

You ask for my opinion in order to improve the book not to put honey on it

Fair enough!

I believe there's an "advanced" book in the works, so perhaps that would give you what you're looking for.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
11 years 2 months ago #15428 by slim white
So, I wait in the next edition big letters in black ink, because books are to be read in not only biblioteques, but in the beach, in the terrace, with sunlight.Do not consider my critics only to disturb you. Everything is possible to improve and my objections are made for that purpose.

Latest Forum Topics