Waterproof/Water Resistant Bluetooth Earbuds (US Market) referral?

More
7 years 2 months ago #27922 by DrA5
I am looking for referrals on water resistant or water proof bluetooth ear buds/over the ear head phones that I can wear while training in the surfski.

I know this topic gets heated, as with listening to music while cycling, but I don't have much boat traffic and NO commercial boat traffic where I live. I just wanted to have some music while training for surfski races that can take the occasional quick immersion and will still be comfortable 3 hours in, without cords. Amazon searches did come up with some, but all had some pretty strong negative reviews (albeit still in the minority of reviews) regarding sound quality, charging or battery life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #27924 by Kiwi Dave
A chap I paddle with uses a bluetooth speaker in waterproof bag so all can enjoy, works pretty well and you can still hear whats happening around you.

More
7 years 2 months ago #27926 by feeny
I wear jaybird bluebud X (now discontinued, but they'll have something to replace them).

I was dubious about the sweatproof bit, but I really sweat on these - mostly gym/running work. I have not worn them in a ski / on the water - but if I wanted bluetooth music on the water I would wear them.

Battery life is good, I've had mine coming up to 2 years I think, no problem yet to speak of.

• rhainan
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #27927 by rhainan
I've been using the BackBeats FIT for about a year now. They are rated IP57 waterproof so they should be safe if you have to take quick swim. I have not tested that but have gotten them very sweaty on the ergometer/treadmill. Battery life has been fine and have no complaints about the quality.

Please do not use a bluetooth speaker. Making sure everybody can enjoy your jams is inconsiderate. If you cannot go without tunes on your workout, keep it in your ears.

More
7 years 2 months ago #27994 by Cryder
Have used the Ant Pump for a year, and they are ace. Only regret is that I could have bought them on sale! $34 on Amazon, I paid $110 USD new! /doh!

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISRUFXY/ref...04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

More
7 years 2 months ago #28030 by ShaneS
Hi there

I also use the Backbeat FIT earphones, together with an iPod in a waterproof pouch clipped onto the bungies in front of my feet. As well as volume +/- you can also skip tracks and pause/play using the little buttons on the ear pieces, so you don't really need to reach the iPod or phone. The battery lasts for a good while, I've never ran out on my one to three hour paddles.

They also come with a cool little carry pouch that also stores your iPod or phone.

Fenn Swordfish S Carbon Hybrid - 2016
Fenn Elite S Carbon - 2016
Stellar SR Excel - 2015
Cobra Expedition - 2013
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrA5

More
7 years 2 months ago #28033 by Dave74
Hi this is my first post so Hi
I'm in the UK but I use
Sony Waterproof and dustproof Walkman® with Bluetooth®
NW-WS623 / NW-WS625
so will be available in the US
Probably most expensive option but really comfy and great quality - made and sound
It's an mp3 player, over the ear, salt water resistant, waterproof to 1.5/2 metres ish but also has an ambient sound setting that plays surrounding noise over the music eg cars passing by for runners, I can hear people talking over the music
No trailing wires as mp3 built into ear buds so I love them
Hope this helps someone

More
7 years 2 months ago #28070 by DrA5
I did find these in my search and I thought that would be the best way to go, as I would need to get another bluetooth iPod to work with my wireless headphones, but I see this Walkman model is discontinued. I'll do some checking to see if they plan on doing an upgrade or if its just not going to be made any more.

Complete side note- I had a pair of Oakley Thumps that I loved (I know not waterproof). I liked the incorporated MP3 player into sunglasses. I was sad that they discontinued it, and that one side of mine stopped working too. For the active community, having a smaller 4GB player incorporated into sunglasses that are water proof I think would be a great product.

Latest Forum Topics