Hip Flexor strain and paddling

More
4 years 1 month ago #35933 by manta
Hi

I strained my hip flexor and so far i've taken 2 weeks off training. I have been icing it and lightly stretching it.

Has anyone had experience with this injury and if it is okay for light paddling? I was starting to make some progress with my fitness and this strain is not helping me build my skills in the boat. 

Any other ideas for training? Running is out, rowing is out, cycling is out, what else is there to train the heart and increase fitness?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #35935 by mrcharly
Swimming.
Get in a pool, do breaststroke, crawl, just using your arms. That will pump up the heartrate and work the muscles.

More
4 years 1 month ago #35941 by manta

mrcharly wrote: Swimming.
Get in a pool, do breaststroke, crawl, just using your arms. That will pump up the heartrate and work the muscles.

I didn't think of that. Good advice. 
Hopefully the injury will subside enough for me to get back in the boat with vengeance in a few weeks.

More
4 years 1 month ago #35942 by manta

mrcharly wrote: Swimming.

I didn't think of that. Good advice. 
Hopefully the injury will subside enough for me to get back in the boat with vengeance in a few weeks.

More
4 years 1 month ago #35974 by Epicpaddler
It's amazing how much a little pain in the  hip/torso rotation can affect your form. I aggravated my hip flexor snow skiing and it brings me agony when I paddle. I'd try some heat/ice sessions along with some good stretching. Don't over do it. 

Latest Forum Topics