GPS and Heart Rate Monitor for Training and Race

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #262 by MFB
Hi,

What do you guys advice regarding these devices? Im sold to the Garmin Forerunner 305. But if there's a more paddling specific device, please post info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #263 by [email protected]
I haven't found a better device. The Forerunner 305 works really well for me - apart from using it to record routes & races, I've used it a lot for interval training.

It's also great in races - the guys use them to detect when they've hit currents and so on so it's useful from a tactical point of view.

I've found the 305 quite robust - especially compared with the old 301 model.

It terms of service, here in South Africa I've only heard good things about the agents - they're very reasonable and replace/repair very quickly.

There is a very active newsgroup on Yahoo - go to www.yahoogroups.com and look at the garminf newsgroup. They are very knowledgeable and answer questions very quickly.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #264 by MFB
Thanks for the reassurance with regards to the forerunner 305. Wish it could keep track of the stroke rate too instead of just cadence (for bikes!) Im just waiting for a quotation with our local distributor. I rather get it thru him than risking buying from Amazon or some site. When your paddling and there's a current you want to record, how do you keep track of that while your hands are paddling? I assume your 305 is strapped on your foot strap.

Regards

Mark

Latest Forum Topics