Re: GPS and Heart Rate Monitor for Training and Race

More
17 years 6 days ago #273 by MFB
Any suggestions on how to mount the 305 on the ski?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 days ago #274 by [email protected]
There's a photo of the unit mounted on the footstrap in the article here:

surfski.info/index.php?option=com_conten...iew&id=134&Itemid=38

Best to roll up a piece of foam rubber or something so that the unit is held steady. I'll take a shot of the thing mounted on the bungi cords on my Mako6 too.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
17 years 6 days ago #275 by mckrouk
Have just got my 305 as a grey import from Amazon.com, and haven't had a chance to play with it yet. What is the best setting to use, running, cycling or other? Can one change the speed setting to km/h instead of min/km?

More
17 years 5 days ago #276 by [email protected]

Any suggestions on how to mount the 305 on the ski?

Works just great right there - visible & mounted on shock absorbers :)

Sometimes wobble a bit when leaning forward to press the lap button!

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
17 years 5 days ago #277 by [email protected]

What is the best setting to use, running, cycling or other? Can one change the speed setting to km/h instead of min/km?

Yes you can change the setting - but if you use "other" as the sport, the setting is km/h by default.

To change the setting, hit the Mode button until you get to the menu, select Settings, select the sport type, select speed units & choose the units you want...

You can also get really good help from the garminf newsgroup on yahoogroups...

Rob

More
17 years 1 day ago #278 by MFB
Wow, I just got my 305 a few hours ago. Dealer sold it to me for USD 395 with 1 year Garmin warranty. I basically covered everything in the manual already. Its 1:11 am and I should be up by 5 am for my 10k paddle. I feel like a kid excited to play with his new toy : ) Thanks for the tips shared on this thread. This is the day I start training smart.

More
16 years 11 months ago #279 by ahayden
On my Garmin 305 Forerunner I cannot seem to bring the heart rate up onto a bigger screen. It is always small in the top right hand corner which makes it hard to read whilst running and even harder when mounted 1 metre away on the front of the Mako 6 straps.

Can anyone help with this?

Does anyone have specific functions with the unit that they find helpful in training?

Whilst I think it is a good unit the manual is not very helpful.

Andrew

More
16 years 11 months ago #280 by [email protected]

On my Garmin 305 Forerunner I cannot seem to bring the heart rate up onto a bigger screen.

Can anyone help with this?

You have to customise the display. The way you do it is:
Start the unit, push the mode button 'til you get to the menu.
Select Settings, General, Data Fields.
You can customise the following screens: Main 1, Main 2, and the screen for your sport ie Running, Biking or Other (I always use Other for paddling).
Choose Main 1, say.

First it asks you how many measurements you want to display. If you choose 3, for example, you'll get one large number and 2 smaller ones. Then, having selected the number of items to display, for each location you can choose what is displayed.

So, if you want a large HR select 3 or fewer measurements for the screen, then select HR for the largest position on the screen...

Rob

Latest Forum Topics