How Fast can you go?

More
13 years 6 months ago #5345 by wannagofast
I dont care how fast you say you are! Show me the GPS!!!

How can we have a GPS downloads and push each other to improve our speed? I love to improve and think this might be a good way to push each other. It wouldnt be about being faster than you. Its about improving. Not many guys to train with in my part of the World ( 4 people). I like the pressure of pushing hard because Im gonna post my time. Does anyone feel this could be a good training tool. How would this look and is it even possible? I was thinking if there was a couple of catagories. 1000 meters. 5K, 10K 20K Post GPS download. Done on lake water? or is time a better measure. 10 minutes & or 30 min. & or 60 minutes. Would this Website host a training challenge like this.
If it works, I would go from 4 guys wearing me out to to hundreds of guys killing me! Sounds fun?

What your opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5346 by Joep
Replied by Joep on topic Re: How Fast can you go?
Sounds good, but the speed also depends on the kind of water, wheather surcomstances...... So its hard to compare.
But i really like the idea!!

More
13 years 6 months ago #5347 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re:How Fast can you go?
Dailypaddle.com do something like this already, where they name a race day and people submit their times.

I remember speaking to Dez from Blast Paddlers about something similar, and he hoped to run virtual races across the world, over 10kms for example.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5348 by Tom_D
Replied by Tom_D on topic Re:How Fast can you go?
Go to the Epic website and look through the news and events section. Oscar sometimes posts his GPS data from a race.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5349 by wannagofast
Replied by wannagofast on topic Re:How Fast can you go?
As far as different conditions go. You could make a short comment about the environment. For example, " 15mph wind and two foot lake waves." Then you see the GPS for other data. I did this route two nights ago. And yesterday I did the same route. No wind, flat lake water:)
The short description helps explain why you were at 4mph in a storm with 4' side beam waves, etc. Keep the description brief.

I'll look into some of your suggestions.

Latest Forum Topics