Paddle Groups in Sydney (Northern Beaches)

More
13 years 2 months ago #6329 by BenH
Hi Guys,

I've just returned from a stint overseas only to find that my usual paddling mates have either quit or moved!!!

I was wondering if there are any established or adhoc groups who go out at the weekends around the Manly, Freshie, Dee Why areas? and more importantly wouldn't mind another ski turning up.

I am not a beginner but TJ isn't losing any sleep over my return either. I was a mid packer before I left.

I am keen to get back into training and getting back into the races (even though they've all but finished for the season!).

Hope someone can help.

Cheers,

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #6335 by jbk
Hi
An informal group leave from the marina at Bayview on the Pittwater side, Tuesday and Thursay mornings at 6 for about 10km. If conditions are favourable we may go from Basin Bay / Mona Vale, north or south depending on the wind. Contact Ross at paddlecraft as he co-ordinates this.
Hope it helps
Cheers
John

More
13 years 2 months ago #6336 by BenH
Thanks for the reply John, I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I am unable to join a weekday group as I am at work in the City by 8am. Despite wishing this wasn't the case.

Do you know of any weekend groups?

Cheers,

Ben

More
13 years 2 months ago #6353 by MikeWoodrow
I believe their is a group that paddle every odd-dated Sunday morning from Shelly Beach Manly for approx 10km time-trial. Think it starts around 8am.

Try www.meetup.com/manlypaddlers/

I haven't made it to one of these yet, but if I can get the family sorted it might be a good thing to do.

More
13 years 2 months ago #6354 by MarcD
Check Out www.oceanpaddler.com/training/

They go Out from Clontarf and Balmoral very early; easily in town by 8am

More
13 years 2 months ago #6355 by 2Dogs
Mon & Fri mornings.
5:30am Clontarf to meet up with 5:45am Balmoral.

Call Deano or Yanda @ Oceanpadder

More
13 years 2 months ago #6412 by Farnsy
Hi Ben
you can also join Guy Leech's group Mon 6.30 @ Manly, Wed 6.30 Balmoral and Thurs 6.30 Shelley beach (www.guyleechpaddlefitness.com) and also Balmoral Blast every sat @ 6.30 10 km time trial ( www.blastpaddling.com), there also details of the harbour series on the paddle Nsw website.
Dean Gardiner also runs a session from Collaroy surf club Sat morns at 7am ( www.oceanpaddler.com.au)

Look forward to seeing you on the water.

Alex

Latest Forum Topics