Balance Ball Exercises

More
13 years 1 month ago #6520 by cody91
Just curious if anyone out there has had any success using balance ball exercises to improve their surfski balance? I found this on the web recently.

www.paddle2fitness.com.au/_mgxroot/page_..._2_fitness_shop.html

Hopefully someone can share their experiences with this particular course or a similar one.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6527 by outriggerbev
sure has helped me I feel-got one from kmart-15 bucks-too easy-drives the missus crazy when shes trying to watch her fav show and im paddling on it.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6530 by Tom_D
Replied by Tom_D on topic Re:Balance Ball Exercises
It is winter here so I am on my erg and the balance ball routine. I use a 65cm ball to sit on and a soccer ball to put my feet on. I made a paddle out of plastic tubing with slit tennis balls on the ends to pad the sharp ends.

I don't know if it actually helps but it is cheap fun and I use it as a cool down from an erg session.

Tom

More
13 years 1 month ago #6578 by Moll
Replied by Moll on topic Re:Balance Ball Exercises
Just a further question regarding core muscle groups, I know cycling even Mountain biking as a more vigorous form does not develop the core muscles, but do other cardio exercises like skipping or running develop them? Kind of looking for a 2 birds with one stone solution....

Current Quiver:
- Think Evo
- XT Double
- Popes Big Foot Assegai K1
- Wilderness systems Tarpon 160

More
13 years 1 month ago #6579 by Tom_D
I know that they are expensive but maybe you can find a used Speedstroke or other Kayak ergometer. For those of us in the northern hemisphere Kayak pro organized a 16 week week winter training series coached by Erik Borgnes. This is my first year using the Speedstroke Gym but it sure seems to work one's core. Erik has us doing some pretty hard intervals. Combined with the physio-ball balance skill work it seems like a good off season routine for those of us in cold and snowy climates.

Hopefully I will get on the water for the first time this year later this week. We have had a very snowy/cold winter in the Cascades.

Tom

More
13 years 1 month ago #6581 by Rightarmbad
I found running to keep my core in good nic.

Having said that, when I was playing basketball, the first game back at the start of a new season, with at most 4 weeks break since the last, would have everybody noting how sore their entire torso was.

Cycling may not hit your entire core, but it certainly does your lower back.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #6582 by AR_convert
These guys dont need no balance balls, I bet thier core strength is awesome :laugh:

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by AR_convert.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6583 by Tom_D
wild video -- can you imagine doing that for 6 hours??? Bet they sleep well.

Latest Forum Topics