Custom Kayaks Bullet

More
11 years 4 months ago #14242 by gulfpaddler
Does anyone have seat time in a Custom Kayaks Bullet that would be willing to share their experience? Curious about the downwind characteristics, stability, remount, etc. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14248 by Nige
Replied by Nige on topic Re: Custom Kayaks Bullet
The Bullet fits into the advanced category of skis on the stability scale, probably similar stability to the Fenn Elite. I found it to be very responsive, but it has quite a narrow bucket which I found to be too small for me, I'm 89kg and 1.85m tall.

There aren't too many of them around (in SA at least) as the Focus offers more stability with a similar level of performance.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14251 by [email protected]
I found it quite comfortable, but not so easy to paddle.

Specifically in our short, steep wind generated waves, I kept broaching and I actually captured a spectacular 180 degree spin out on video during a Millers run. Apparently paddlers of the boat up in Durban don't complain of the same thing so perhaps it was either my lack of ability or the fact that they often paddle on bigger, longer ocean swells up there.

In terms of tippiness, I agree that it was similar to the Fenn Elite.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics