Red7/ Green7 (new, old boat)

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #29084 by davgdavg
First things first, its new, old boat day. I picked it up from a guy who switched to OC1 and didn't paddle it much. Great shape for a 5 year old ski.

Did anyone ever find a good rudder for these things?

Finally a bucket that fits. Wow, what a difference. Even though its significantly less stable, the bucket is pretty shallow and open.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by davgdavg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #29095 by waterbornewarrior
DavgDavg: I build rudders, and shipping to Kauai is no problem. Let me know if you want to try something.

Don
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davgdavg

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #29096 by Newbflat
For a new rudder made to your requirements contact Don Kiesling at surfski (at) gmail (dot) com

He can make you a surf or weedless rudder.. what ever length, angle and depth you want.... mostly.

I have a bunch and have zero regrets. Absolutely transformed my SR (gen2) in a downwind... and that's not hyperbole. They are nicely finished with a proper NACA foil shape and nicely faired leading edge... unlike almost every OEM rudde these days.

I'm not afilleated, just a very satisfied customer.

(Haha... looks like Don and I were posting at the same time..... Buy one, you won't regret it)

FENN Bluefin S
FENN Swordfish S carbon hybrid
Epic V8 double gen 2
Lot and lots of DK rudders.

Had:
Stellar SEL excel (gen 2)
Stellar SR excel (gen2)
Stellar S18s g1 (excel)
Epic V10 Double (performance)
Stellar SR (gen 1)
V10 sport (gen 2)
V10 (Gen 2)
Beater SEL (gen 1)
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Newbflat.

More
6 years 9 months ago #29100 by davgdavg
Email sent. Thanks.

More
6 years 9 months ago #29107 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Red7/ Green7 (new, old boat)
Great boat the red7 pro/green 7. In my opinion the most innovative ski ever made, and still the best looking, nicest ski to sit in and paddle.

Red7 invented the venturi bullets, made the green 7 using cork under resin. They were the first of the low rocker skinny boats on the market and I think their speed especially on the flat spurned a lot of similar boats (uno max, v12 etc).

They are brilliant downwind, not so much fun cross chop and a joy to remount.

I still have mates that own them and bring them out on special occasions. It's a bit like owning a classic car, that you bring out when the mood takes you.

Its a very special boat the green 7. Hope you enjoy it.

Latest Forum Topics