Epic V10 Sport (2nd gen) vs Think Evo (3rd gen)

More
6 years 6 months ago #29999 by leolinha
I paddle most of the time on the sea, having to paddle my way in and out through the breakers, but I also paddle a good deal on flatwater too. After 3 years paddling an Epic V8 in performance layup in all sorts of conditions, including 2 races, I decided that I'm ripe for an upgrade to an intermediate level ski. I live in Brazil, where there are not many different brand options to choose from, so my next ski will necessarily be one of those:
1) Epic V10 Sport ultra 2nd gen (red nose, kevlar-carbon, 12,5 kg)
2) Think Evo performance 3rd gen (orange stripes, fiberglass, 15,5 kg)
The Think dealer in São Paulo told me that the Evo is a sort of transition boat, so he won't ever consider importing one in the lighter, more expensive "elite" layup. He tryed to persuade me into buying a lighter Ion instead, but I really prefer the Evo.
I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the two.
I once tried the Sport for a couple of hours and was amazed by its stability and confort. Most of the time it felt as stable as my V8. But I don't want to buy one before I try the Evo, since I keep reading raving reviews about it. Recently I could try a Think Eze for some 20 minutes though, on flatwater... It felt tippier than the Sport, with a tight fit, not so comfortable as the Epic, but maybe something I can soon adapt to. Perhaps the Eze and the Evo share the same cockpit? I don't know, but in a couple of weeks I will have the chance to demo an Evo as the last shipment order will arrive.
But before it happens, my main question is: supposing that the fit won't be a problem, which ski would be the best choice, and why?

Current: Epic V8 PRO, Think Evo 3
Past: Epic V8, Epic V10 Sport
The following user(s) said Thank You: supsherpa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics