Huki SurfSkis

More
6 years 6 months ago #30065 by denlong
Huki SurfSkis was created by denlong
What kind of reputation do Huki skis have here on the forum? Specifically the S1-R.

Build quality,
Stability,
Surfability,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #30072 by WingSuit
Replied by WingSuit on topic Huki SurfSkis
S1R is extremely stable, more so than V10 Sport according to this website! In fact I am going to replace my Sport with an S1R next year. I have had 2 Hukis and have had no issues with build, but different layups have different strengths, just like other boats. My vacd Glass S1x with carbon cockpit is noticeably lighter than my Epic V10 Sport in same layup. What I like about them is that they are US made, and as custom as you want. Pick colors for hull and deck, or pick custom patterns for extra money. They are about the same cost as other basic boats, but Hukis can get up there if you start adding on too much custom stuff. There is no sales tax but you have to pay for delivery, which in my case took forever. If you pick it up, the sales tax is a little less than delivery. Quirky, like epoxied on fittings, to minimize holes in hull that will eventually leak, and that cork and snorkel breather device. The steel rudder cables are extremely responsive. When you look at the Huki website, look at the bargains. Some beautiful boats at discounted prices, mostly new ones. It kinda boils down to fit, and if you want a custom color scheme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denlong

More
6 years 6 months ago #30084 by mickeyA
Replied by mickeyA on topic Huki SurfSkis
I believe Huki skis are generally known to be very well made and very well designed/engineered. Small company where boats are made by, or at least overseen by, the owner himself, in California. S1-R is comparable to V10Sport, stability-wise, so very stable for intermediate or advanced paddlers, probably fairly tippy for beginner. I think Huki seats tend to be somewhat narrow, but can get wide seat option if you have wider hips. I also think of Huki as a bit more expensive, but warranted. Jude, the owner, went into great detail with me at the Gorge race as to why the S1-R surfs better than others, so maybe that helps on your 3rd question. High quality boats.

KR McGregor Rhythm, V10Sport, Swordfish S, Fenn Tarpon S, Fenn XT, Twogood Chalupski, Findeisen Stinger spec. Had: V12, Stellar SE, Huki S1-X, Burton wedge2, Fenn Tarpon
The following user(s) said Thank You: denlong

Latest Forum Topics