V10 gen 3 v V11 - anyone done any comparison?

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #31231 by [email protected]
After I published the interview with Greg Barton, greg-barton-on-the-gen-3-epic-v10 , someone asked what the differences were in terms of speed and stability between the All-new 2018 V10 Gen 3 and the V11, which was launched last year.

Anyone?

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #31232 by Cerca Trova
I cannot with to hear some responses, as I have a V11 which is an incredible ski.

More
5 years 11 months ago #31430 by JLB
Been paddling the new V10 Elite a couple of times and also been in the V11 Ultra recently.
The V10 is absolutely more stable. Overall feel is great!
I also like the V11 but struggle a little bit when paddling chop and specially side chop where I feel that the boat moves a lot but that also makes it really responsive and fun to paddle. Will test V10vs V11 speed this week and get back.

More
3 years 11 months ago #36504 by Levi M
I'm a beginner with a Fenn Surge, which appears to be an Epic V11 equivalent in terms of spec. Today I paddled an Epic V10 for the first time and it is night & day in terms of stability when compared to my Surge. The specs indicate they are only marginally different widths (approx. 3 cm) but the V10 is visually wider and I can feel a difference in acceleration however the V10  is far more enjoyable in choppy conditions because of the stability increase, a lot more than I expected. For this reason it won't be slower for me in most conditions, it may be faster! I haven't paddled the V11 to know if it's more stable than my Fenn Surge but reading the reviews I think they'll be very similar. 

More
3 years 11 months ago #36508 by [email protected]
It's impressive that as a beginner you can even stay on a Surge!  The Surge is definitely what I'd term an "elite-level" boat, although I know the manufacturers hate such terms.

The V10 gen 3 is closer to the Swordfish S in terms of stability - and is a lovely boat.

I've not paddled the V11, though, so I can't comment on that!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
3 years 11 months ago #36509 by Cerca Trova
I
I have had my V11 now for almost 2 1/2 years and my G3 V 10 for 1 1/2 years. Being totally different skis I find it hard to give a comparison. . I will give it a go though. At 6'1" and 178 lbs the V11 bucket fits me perfectly like no ski I have owned. The V10 bucket is close yet a little larger. In light to moderate conditions the V11 is surprisingly stable for a UHP Ski.  At my skill level it becomes a handful when the winds picks up, or in any confused conditions. Also the V11 is an incredible upwind boat. In light to moderate conditions it is easy to remount. I also have a Nelo 560 and personally I like the V11 better and it is more of a comparable boat.

The G3 V10, I cannot say enough about it. Very stable,  in all but extreme conditions, easy to remount. Compared to the original V10 initial stability is light years ahead. And the G3 is a much better DW boat! I have 4 surfskis now, and the new V9 coming in around mid may. At this time if I had to keep only 1 surfski it would be the V10. That said, I would love to paddle the new Fenn Swordfish S. They seem very alike in many ways, with the same intent.

Latest Forum Topics