Recommendation for new Flatwater Ski for racing

2 years 2 months ago #31415 by [email protected]
Hi All,

I've been using a Stellar SEI for over a year and while it is a fantastic boat I believe I'm in need of more of a challenge and a faster boat for racing. I do river flat water training and racing that is 80% of the time glass like conditions. With the other 20% getting up to rough enough conditions that K1's will can pull out.

I've been thinking of the Epic v12. I'm 183cm (6 foot) and 100kgs. I've got great balance but have never actually tried ocean paddling. I'm wanting to stick with flat water for another year or two, get some races under my belt and then go ocean.

Any advice of boats? Also if there is anyone local do you know where you can try ski's out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #31420 by robin.mousley
Where do you live?

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #31421 by [email protected]
Sorry mate. Brisbane, Australia. Paddle the Logan River.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #31422 by LakeMan

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #31431 by Woody
Cabbage Tree Creek Shorncliffe Moreton Bay Qld. Every Saturday and Sunday circa 7 am paddles in K1, Sups , Kayaks and Ocean Skis use the ramps for either flat water up the creek or go outside into the Bay. You also can use the flats in the Bay for reentry training. The sooner you get confidence with reentry the sooner you can have a crack out in the Bay safely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics

Paddlehead's Avatar

V10 Carrying handle (4 Posts)

18 hours 16 minutes ago

Boat length - interesting analysis (1 Posts)

1 day 3 hours ago

Think Six - aim of design? (16 Posts)

2 days 14 hours ago
Protected by R Antispam