New Allwave Skis

More
3 years 5 months ago #37498 by JC
New Allwave Skis was created by JC
Anyone have insight into the relatively new (2019) skis from Allwave?  The DNA, DNA 580, or RS600?  For that matter, any general opinions on the quality and design of Allwave products?  Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #37499 by waverider

More
3 years 5 months ago #37501 by Outdoorsy
Replied by Outdoorsy on topic New Allwave Skis
I paddled a Mistral and RS 600 a short while ago. I’m a relative beginner having paddled an Epic V8 for 12 months. The Allwave    Skis are eye catching and beautifully made. Even though the Mistral  is more  of a beginner ski, I found the  RS 600 a much nicer ski to paddle with fantastic secondary stability. It’s like a cork and wants to stay upright.  The Allwave  skis  are fast, well made and beautiful to look at... great for ya girls!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

More
3 years 5 months ago #37504 by waverider
Replied by waverider on topic New Allwave Skis
How does their pricing stack up against other major brands?

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #38193 by Quack
Replied by Quack on topic New Allwave Skis
I tested a few and just ordered a new 2021 model - the RS590. 590x51.5. I think this fills a good spot for those (like me) who finds the Mistral and RS600 a bit tippy - but want something a bit more advanced than the V8 or similar.
Note - I am a newbie - so I can't review as I don't know enough or even paddle properly yet!
I found it more stable than the V8Pro I compared it to and thought it was pretty quick - compared to a few alternative skis I tried. I like the quality of the finishes. The foot plate and mechanism is a work of art and easy to use. I also like the rudder rescue setup (not sure if it's ever really needed - but it's a good concept).
The scuppers were very effective (a little noisy)
Price wise - in Australia, pretty much on par with Epic, Think. Slightly more than Carbonology and Fenn. Less than NK or Nelo. 

Latest Forum Topics