Nelo 550L 2017 Footplate design fault...

More
2 years 7 months ago #38882 by johnnyonetoast
Those of you that have this footplate regardless of model be warned!
Mine wore away and punctured the hull with the screw end once the rubber was removed.
Not a hard fix but one you need to keep a regular eye on.
I have also added.a piece of adhesive rubber sheet where the rubber adjustment grommets rest just in case.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #38883 by kwolfe
Yea I hear you.  They really do make a beautiful mold, but it's too bad that they screwed it up with the footplate and bailer.  Put an Epic footplate and anderson mini on and it would be way better.

More
2 years 7 months ago #38884 by mrcharly
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on mine.

Apart from the wobbly bolts at the bottom, I don't see anything wrong with the nelo footplate. So easy to adjust.

Well, one thing irritates me. The cable adjusters are held together with normal steel bolts, not stainless. Rusts in minutes when you paddle on the sea.

More
2 years 7 months ago #38885 by M.v.E.
Yeah, I had the same problem with my Nelo 550. Fortunately i noticed it very early so there was only minor damage to the hull. I got a pair of rubber tips for trekking poles and pulled them over the screws. They are much thicker than the screw covers from Nelo. I did this last year and so far they hold up very well.

Current Ski: Nelo 550 L
Previous Skis: Stellar SR 1. Gen. / Stellar SEI 1. Gen. / Stellar SR 2. Gen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atlas

More
2 years 7 months ago #38892 by agooding2
Good idea, I swapped with the carbon footplate to reduce flex so I did not have that issue. The carbon footplate though tends to get pushed too vertical as a result. I solved this by putting a 5 mm piece of rubber under the footplate to keep some angle.

-- Andrew

Nelo 550L, Streuer Fejna, Nelo Viper 55
Braca XI 705 EL blade, 17K shaft
Braca XI 675 marathon blade, 19K shaft
Braca IV 670 soft blade, 19K shaft

Latest Forum Topics