Nelo 550 ML 2020

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #39282 by Inumariq
Nelo 550 ML 2020 was created by Inumariq
Esperando ayudar a conocer este pequeño gran barco que és el Nelo 550ML.

Resumiendo: Fun boat!

Me inicié poco más de 4 años en el Sski buscando nuevas motivaciones para seguir yendo al mar después de 40 y tantos buscando límites con el kayak de Mar.
Empece con Vajda Next 43 de BCN kayak , prestado,  con el que llegué a encontrarme muy cómodo y disfrutar del Dw gracias a su segunda estabilidad que salva muchos baños a los novatos. Al cabo de 3 años ya tenía la necesidad de mi barco, siempre con todo adaptado y ajustado a mi.
Me decanté por Nelo 550 ML(1,72 m y 71kg). Mi zona de Navegación es Cabo Begur donde las condiciones de mar y viento son muy duras en invierno y es cuando encontrar emoción. Y 99% en solitario.
El 550 es un barco muy estable, comodísimo de asiento  que favorece la inclinación del tronco hacia delante haciendo el paleo fácil y eficaz. Fàcil de remontar al tener la borda baja y de cantos anchos.  Esta última fué una de las razones que màs decidieron la elección. Cuando lo que buscas es emoción y no eres un figura vas a tener que remontar con frecuencia y ha de ser muy fácil si vas a estar solo y en un mar complicado.
Mi primera impresión después de 3 años con Next 43 fué logicamente de tener que tirar de la pala con màs fuerza en agua plana y de cierta lentitud y cabeceo lateral. Claro, es más corto y con más rocker. Lo bueno no tardó en aparecer saliendo a mar abierto. Avanzaba con facilidad sorprendente contra viento y mar. El Dwind aún mejor! El barco sigue las olas al menor toque de timón. La espalda se curba hacia atrás desplazando el peso a popa confortablemente por la forma de la cubierta en esta punto, haciendo que la ola te empuje non stop. Una sensación de velocidad y facilidad adictivas.
En olas de mucha agua y con ese poco volumen pensaba seria un submarino y de eso nada.Inclinando peso a popa y con el deflector planeas en superficie.

NO és un barco rápido en mar tranquila , es un Surfski!
​​Tampoco es lento, pero no es lo suyo.

Alguna pega...el reposapies. El Nylon un desastre total , es flexible y el movimiento se come el barco que si no estás vigilante le hace agujero. El de carbono algo mejor por su rigidez. Es eficaz y cómodo siempre y cuando no vayas a ir cambiando los ajustes.
Los trinquetes de ajuste llevan tensores de acero Oxidable que duran.....

Hay muchos y buenos barcos de exigencia tècnica parecidas pero en España llevar un barco de 6mts encima del coche és un problema legal por lo que Nelo 550 o 560 es una muy buena opción. 

Podria ser que habiéndose observado un aumento  de la estabilidad en la serie 2020 acabe añadiendo un 560.
En poco tiempo, te encuentras cómodo en el 550 como en el sofá de casa. Y eso no puede ser. Siempre nuevos desafios, nuevas emociones!!
Saludos!

Hoping to help you get to know this great little boat that is the Nelo 550ML. In short: Fun boat! I started just over 4 years in the Sski looking for new motivations to continue going to the sea after 40-odd looking for limits with the Mar kayak. I started with BCN kayak's Vajda Next 43, on loan, with which I came to find myself very comfortable and enjoy the Dw thanks to its second stability that saves a lot of baths for newbies. After 3 years I already had the need for my boat, always with everything adapted and adjusted to me. I opted for the Nelo 550 ML (1.72 m and 71kg). My area of ​​Navigation is Cabo Begur where the sea and wind conditions are very hard in winter and it is when I find excitement. And 99% solo. The 550 is a very stable boat, very comfortable to seat that favors the forward inclination of the trunk, making paddling easy and efficient. Easy to go up as it has a low rail and wide edges. The latter was one of the reasons that most decided the choice. When what you are looking for is emotion and you are not a figure, you will have to go back frequently and it must be very easy if you are going to be alone and in a complicated sea. My first impression after 3 years with Next 43 was logically of having to pull the paddle with more force in flat water and with a certain slowness and lateral pitch. Sure, it's shorter and with more rocker. The good was not long in appearing going out to the open sea. It advanced with surprising ease against wind and sea. The Dwind even better! The ship follows the waves at the slightest touch of the rudder. The back curls back, moving the weight comfortably aft by the shape of the deck at this point, causing the wave to push you non-stop. An addictive sense of speed and ease. In waves with a lot of water and with that little volume I thought it would be a submarine and nothing of that.Inclining weight astern and with the deflector you glide on the surface. It is NOT a fast boat in a calm sea, she is a Surfski! It's not slow either, but it's not your thing. Something wrong ... the footrest. Nylon a total disaster, she is flexible and the movement eats the boat that if you are not vigilant it will make a hole. The carbon one is better because of the rigidity of it. She is effective and comfortable as long as you are not going to be changing the settings. The adjustment pawls have stainless steel turnbuckles that last ..... There are many good boats with similar technical requirements, but in Spain carrying a 6m boat on top of the car is a legal problem, so Nelo 550 or 560 is a very good option. It could be that having seen an increase in stability in the 2020 series I end up adding a 560. In no time, you find yourself comfortable in the 550 as you are on the sofa at home. And that cannot be. Always new challenges, new emotions !! Greetings!
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by [email protected]. Reason: Added Google translate translation!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected], Steve Hansen, MarineO6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics