Intermediate ski with a wider bucket than a Think Evo (gen 2)?

• slow
  • Visitor
1 year 9 months ago #39910 by slow
My partner tried out a Think Evo 2 and found that she could barely fit in it, but didn't have enough room for her hips to rotate at all. What are boats in the same class with a wider bucket?

We've heard the Epic V10 Sport has a wider bucket. What else would be worth trying out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #39916 by manta
Carbonology Zest has a nice wide bucket. I chose the boat because the bucket makes the boat very easy to remount. If you can find one to demo, go for it.

More
1 year 9 months ago #39917 by ccchappell
Hi
Worth checking out the Nelo buckets if you have access to them. The L sizes could be roomier the the Evo, and the XXL definitely. I can just fit a 550L, but not an Evo, but I like the roominess and extra volume of the XXL for my size, 95kg. The buckets have a nice tapered shape to accommodate a range of widths.

Good luck!
Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: slow, CB23

• slow
  • Visitor
1 year 9 months ago #39924 by slow
Thanks for the suggestions. We'll see if we can try those out!

For anyone reading this thread and looking for suggestions, we also found this old threads which has some other boats to try: www.surfski.info/forum/19-boats/19011-bo...mediate-paddler.html.

• slow
  • Visitor
1 year 9 months ago #39943 by slow
Thanks! We'll see if we can check those out.

Sorry if this gets double posted. I replied earlier and I'm not sure if that failed or if it's stuck in a new user moderation queue and will show up later.

More
1 year 9 months ago #39948 by [email protected]

Thanks! We'll see if we can check those out.
Sorry if this gets double posted. I replied earlier and I'm not sure if that failed or if it's stuck in a new user moderation queue and will show up later.

Yep - it was, sorry! There's only one of me and it's unfortunately necessary to do the moderation thing - unless you want (in the last 24hrs) posts about wheelchairs... and that perennial favorite, posts about people who'll write your essay/thesis (including to PhD level, apparently) for you!

But, good news - you're through the moderation gate now and shouldn't see any more delays!

Happy paddling (and posting).

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: slow

Latest Forum Topics