Andersen ski.

More
15 years 5 months ago #2636 by york
Andersen ski. was created by york
Many years ago I remember seeing an Andersen spec ski with a second rudder about 1/3 of the way back from the wave deflector. The two rudders turned opposite each other which in theory should make for a tighter turn around the cans. I never saw one again. It was an OZ boat. Anybody have any info on the theory and whether it worked out? Just curious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #2638 by postal256
Replied by postal256 on topic Re:Andersen ski.
Don't know about that boat at all, but I paddled oc6 and I know we made tight left turns by having seat 1 poke on the right side of the boat, then switch over to the left and pull the nose on around the rest of the way (with seat 2). Seems like it could get out of hand having a rudder down there all the time though.

More
15 years 5 months ago #2640 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re:Andersen ski.
A number of double skis in Australia use such a system.

More
15 years 5 months ago #2644 by Hiro
Replied by Hiro on topic Re:Andersen ski.
Could someone post pics of such a system ? Please.

More
15 years 5 months ago #2653 by mbuck428
Replied by mbuck428 on topic Re:Andersen ski.
The only ski that I have seen with that system was an old Burton from Australia. there were a few discussions about the ski on the following site: groups.yahoo.com/group/surfski/

More
15 years 1 month ago #3026 by westo
Replied by westo on topic Re:Andersen ski.
york wrote:

Anbody have any info on the theory and whether it worked out? Just curious.

york, that was a rare ski, i think it was Anderson Mark 6. Not many liked it because it had so many untested/revolutionary features on one ski. The kayakers liked it, it was tippy and fast. It was circa 1982-85 and also had a concave section in the front third of the hull. the front rudder was only on there because that concave nose would have been impossible to turn, especially in big surf. one rudder does the job otherwise.

www.propertyscience.com.au
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Latest Forum Topics