What are the news on Fenn Elite SL and Uno Max

More
13 years 4 months ago #5973 by fredrik
Are there information about the new Elite SL and Uno Max out there, or better yet reviews?

I note that the Think site neither refers to, or has any pictures of the Uno Max and the updated Evo. Where is the Legend in the update or phase-out? News on this anyone?

Maybe more interesting: What are the news on the Elite SL?

Rob, when will you go live with your a sneak (eyeball, photo and/or test paddle) review?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5975 by Stew
Hi,

Think Kayak Australia will have a new website up within a week, and will contain the following info on the Evo II and Uno Max.

Think Kayak Evo II

The Evo has always been a great introductory to intermediate level ski. With the Evo II we kept the best bits, and made some changes to create the absolute best boat in this class.

Stability is key for paddlers, particularly those new to the sport. The stability level of the Evo has been maintained, with small changes made to the rocker at the front of the ski. The tail has also had some attention, with rocker change and some volume removed from the tail. This has resulted in the Evo II being "freer" in the tail, allowing it to change direction more easily on runs, and the increased overall rocker makes it easier to chase runs and swell. The new cutaways make the paddle entry a lot narrower, allowing the paddler to get a much closer catch, therefore creating more stability, and allowing the paddler to apply more power.

Think Kayak Uno Max

All the measurements from the Uno were fed into a computer system, and some changes made to make a ski which could handle bigger paddlers and bigger conditions. From that, the new plug was CNC machined and the Uno Max was born.

The new ski has more volume through the bow along with a rocker change from the Uno. The seat has been moved back a small amount, and combined, these changes allow for excellent surfing, particularly for bigger paddlers. The chines have been tweaked a fraction, giving the craft added stability in comparison to the Uno. The new cutaways make the paddle entry a lot narrower, allowing the paddler to get a much closer catch, therefore creating more stability, and allowing the paddler to apply more power.

The Uno remains in our range, and is still winning races, such as Sean Rice's Cape Point Challenge win at the weekend. We basically now have two volumes of elite level ski, with the Uno Max being used to win the Dubai Shamaal.

The Legend continues as it for now, and will get an update in the future. The Fit also remains as is for now.

The new Australian website is in testing at the moment, once all the little bugs have been ironed out, it will go live, and have all of this information. We are also using Facebook for daily updates of all things Think Kayak, and there are lots of photos of both the Uno Max and Evo II on there. Photos are also available by request by sending an e-mail to info [at] thinkkayak.com.au

If you required any further info, please do not hesitate to ask,

Stewart.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Stew.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5981 by Rightarmbad
Just change feed to fed before you put it on your website....

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
13 years 4 months ago #5986 by fredrik
Stew, thanks for the update on the Thinks.

The adjustments to Uno and Evo were pretty obvious, but what are the likely areas of improvement on the Legend (and Fit)? The colors for one thing I guess to align with the new look.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5987 by Stew
fredrik wrote:

Stew, thanks for the update on the Thinks.

The adjustments to Uno and Evo were pretty obvious, but what are the likely areas of improvement on the Legend (and Fit)? The colors for one thing I guess to align with the new look.

Fredrick,

Just to clarify (sorry if my original post didn't make it clear), but the Uno has not been adjusted, The Uno Max is a new mold. We will now be running the Uno and Uno Max, and have stock of both in Australia, providing customers with choice of two volumes of elite level ski.

The Legend won't be updated in the short term (at least 12 months). Nor will the Fit.

Cheers,

Stew.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5988 by fredrik
Thanks again :-)

Interesting to follow the developments from the manufacturers in a booming global sport, Cheers!

More
13 years 4 months ago #5990 by [email protected]
Hey Fredrik,
Hoping to get my hands on a Fenn SL Elite this week, when I'll be paddling it and taking lots of photos... stay tuned!

I'd love to do the same to the Uno Max but there aren't any in country yet!

Cheers
Rob

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
13 years 4 months ago #5991 by thebigadski
I previously owned the UNO and now have a UNO Max.

All I can say is for the bigger guy like myself I have found the UNO Max is a big run surfing machine!

Although I have only paddled it (Max) in downwind conditions due to an ongoing shoulder injury, I cant compare it to the UNO on flat water. I found the UNO a great all rounder for both flat and downwind, but the UNO Max I feel is a big improvement on the downwind side.

I have a clip here of a recent downwind;

And haven't paddled since then since it shows me unfit and really babying my injury!!

Hope this helps :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #5992 by fredrik
Sounds like real Christmas joy!!

Looking forward to the review

• SS@Bermuda7
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #6004 by SS@Bermuda7
Replied by SS@Bermuda7 on topic Re:What are the news on Fenn Elite SL and Uno Max
In which case I'd love to see you paddle when you're fit without an injury B) Could you tell me your weight, height and paddle length. I see on the video that it's quite a wet ride - a lot of splashing at the bucket when you crest or pull over a wave. Does this affect the speed/stability/steering at all? or is it just irritating.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6018 by thebigadski
96kgs
6'3"
214cm Turbo Paddle
wet ride - prob due to my lack of fitness and time in the boat!!! I was trying too hard to keep up with everyone else instead of just catching runs!!

Latest Forum Topics