Carbonlogy Double

More
12 years 2 months ago #9735 by Robmobius
Carbonlogy Double was created by Robmobius
I am looking for some insight into the carbonology double.

I presently have a fenn elite double and its amazing but getting a bit tired so I am thinking of replacing it.

I need a boat that can stand up to the surf we get in and around Durban. I also need a boat that is competitive as we aim to get onto the podium in most of our local races.

From what I have been told the Carbonolgy double meets all these requirements but I'd like some independent feedback from fellow paddlers.

Good and bad points.

Thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9754 by Robmobius
Replied by Robmobius on topic Re: Carbonlogy Double
Really? No one has anything to say about the carbonology double?

That either means hardly any have been sold, or its so non de script no one has anything good or bad to say about it.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9755 by Fanta Gous
Replied by Fanta Gous on topic Re: Carbonlogy Double
Hi Rob

Re- the Carbonology Double, I have 1 and have had great results in flat water and in downwind condition. I live in PE and we always do downwinds on our wild side (west side of bay), not small, like pe is known for.
The boat catch runs very easily and you can ride them at quite an angle before it spins out, it keeps the boat speed up so no dead stops. With that it also drains quick if you do take some water.
You say you get tired....from balancing or fitness???
I would say slightly more stable then the Elite. Boat well made and finishing great, no worry. Try one. I paddled with Billy Harker at our local timetrail and we got a first, definately a fast boat!!! Dont Look Back! Fanta

More
12 years 2 months ago #9764 by AndrewN
Replied by AndrewN on topic Re: Carbonlogy Double
Hi Rob

I have had the Atom (single) for over 2 years now and it is amazing. I have the entry level boat whihc still comes in @ under 14kg and I have done nearly all of the races and hit some big surf (World Cup, Ansteys etc). Only one small ding from hitting another boat in the surf and one pressure crack from getting dumped at Ansteys. I merely put a small sticker over the crack and 1.5 years on it's still fine - no softness or leaking.

DO IT! Carbonology is so far ahead of the game in terms of build knowledge and construction.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9765 by Fanta Gous
Replied by Fanta Gous on topic Re: Carbonlogy Double
it's all about results, got a first double at Cape Point and first mixed double too. Suppose the guys who paddled them are top dogs, not to shubby for a non de script boat.......

More
12 years 2 months ago #9778 by STEEL
Replied by STEEL on topic Re: Carbonlogy Double
Also try the GENiUS G42 from Knysna. Great volume in front, and a downwind machine...
Steel.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9786 by kiwial
Replied by kiwial on topic Re: Carbonlogy Double
I give the Carbonology dble two thumbs up in all respects but haven't had it out in anything over 1.5m ( doesn't often get that big where I paddle

Latest Forum Topics