Worlds Fastest and Lightest Double Ski

• JasonG
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #10235 by JasonG
Here is a picture of our new Advert just out in the latest SA Paddler Magazine.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10249 by Trilobite
Assuming no slight of the hand, now that is light...
The gauntlet has been thrown down. The contenders: Fenn Elite Carbon Double (the benchmark?), Stellar S2E (crazy light), Custom Kayaks Apex, and the new Epic V10 Doubl... Gunfight at the OK Corral? Cannot wait...

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame

More
12 years 1 month ago #10259 by Marieski
Sleight.

Mind you, even if you were slight of hand, you would be able to hold this ski overhead.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

More
12 years 1 month ago #10260 by Trilobite
Laughing... Very good! Touche (minus the accent-or perhaps more reflective of my editing skills, 'tush.'). ;) Okay, I'll bite; that's a light craft. I thought the Stellar was feathery...

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #10261 by rsturm
Although if it turns into a slide of hands, such a slight ski may not take the tumble very well.

(I had one on sharp rocks today, but the old heavy fiberglass construction didn't mind that at all).
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by rsturm.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10270 by kiwial
Fantastic Ski, Thanks Carbonology

More
12 years 1 month ago #10272 by CyberSki
Is that simply a cardboard cutout, hence the weight? I want to see Oscar and Glickman get into it to see if it floats...

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

• SS@Bermuda7
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #10291 by SS@Bermuda7
Replied by SS@Bermuda7 on topic Re: Worlds Fastest and Lightest Double Ski
You've all been conned. The Goedhals is a beast. 7ft4, 20 inch arms and he's holding the club level ski (with his bad arm).

[Rumour has it the bikini model for the shoot (Jolandi Visser) is lying in the footwell - she lost her balance when he lifted the ski. Asked for comment afterwards she said 'Vat wos freaky']

More
12 years 1 month ago #10296 by Jinny
I do believe maybe it was Worlds Lightest Double Ski yet but I do not believe "Worlds Fastest Double Ski".All we need to have is a Strongest with Lightest Double ski and about Fastest ski it will show us in a race. :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #10302 by antonsa
I paddle the first out of the mould carbonology double ski (it weighs 26kg not like the 16kg one jason is holding - though my partner can also hold it in one hand but then he reps 210kg bench press!), My Partner is 125 kg and I am 93 kg and we do a 10 km club dice in 48 minutes on flat water. In the rough stuff it is even better.

Great boat no matter what you or the ski weighs!

Anton

More
12 years 1 month ago #10309 by Jinny
Thanks,what is the construction for 26kg one? and why Jason's 16kg? what different between of them.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10316 by antonsa
The 26 kg one is a glass, vynelester vacummed ski with carbon re enforcing. Being the first out - it was a bit of test bed hence I over enginered the layup.

The light ski is a carbon, epoxy vacuumed ski with a foam/airex core.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10318 by Jinny
Thanks! I knew the light skis used to made with Honeycomb core while the heavier skis probably made with either Soric core or Upic core,or maybe Corecork ,is that right? could you please send me the link so we could know more about it.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10320 by heinvr

antonsa wrote: The 26 kg one is a glass, vynelester vacummed ski with carbon re enforcing. Being the first out - it was a bit of test bed hence I over enginered the layup.

The light ski is a carbon, epoxy vacuumed ski with a foam/airex core.

Just a note that the 26kg ski was not built at Carbonology-Sport.
You did build yourself a very good quatily ski though Anton, to be expected from a guru like you..

Our Entry construction is a Glass Epoxy Vacuum ski and weighs 22,5-23,5kg.
We then have a hybrid construction, a full carbon construction and then the 15-16kg construction that Jason is holding. (that one is 15kg, but our retailed ones are just under 16kg)

What we find interesting though is that over the past couple of years it has become extremely difficult (in SA) to feature in a race unless you are in a carbon ski as you just could not be competitive at the weights the glass skis were being built.

Both the Perth Doctor and the Cape Point was won on our Glass Epoxy Skis. For now, we are really happy with this as you can be competitve in a less costly ski.

The trend will however not last. As soon as the majority of guys are racing in our 17kg Carbon construction, you will once more be at a disadvantage in your 23kg glass ski.

Latest Forum Topics