Pacific Ocean Series

More
12 years 1 month ago #10324 by Paddle2Fitness
Current event organisers and I are planning the next Pacific Ocean Series and we would like to hear your thoughts on what you liked about the Series in 2011-12 or what you have liked in other events and we should adopt for 2012-13. This is the only series designed around the Qld and Northern NSW paddlers and all event organises and paddlers have a say in how the series is run.

We have heard from hundreds of paddlers with more flat courses where paddlers can improve performance without the added pressure of balance and open water skills is common.

We have nine events in the next Series (the biggest series in Australia) and all event organisers would like to hear from you, the paddlers.

Please comment openly as we want to make the Pacific Ocean Series the best in the world.

Julian
Pacific Ocean Series Organiser

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10328 by Rightarmbad
I personally have no interest in the flat races, so one vote for all ocean races with a point to point downwind dominating if possible.

Yep I know, the weather will more often than not, decide to shun the best laid plans.

If I want to compete in the flat stuff I'd get a K1.

I'd really like to see something like a Greenmount to Seaworld or reverse with the aim of making it Queensland's serious race in the bain of the Doctor or 20 Beaches.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 1 month ago #10343 by Markmyword
Replied by Markmyword on topic Re: Pacific Ocean Series
First of all as i am coming up to the first anniversary of taking up paddling for a sport i must first say a big thank you to Julian and Dez for organizing and running the Pacific Ocean Series. It was indeed a great series and the experience i had was fantastic and without a doubt I will be returning.

As a beginner paddler finding his way in the sport i don't feel qualified to really have an opinion. What i can do is share my thoughts and experiences. With the series start out on flat water i found perfect for a beginners like me. Safe and secure locations were import to keep me hooked. Moving into the open water race around Julian Rocks at Byron Bay, I must admit to feelings ranging from fear to outright terror as i paddled around the island and fell in several times on the windward side staring at the crashing waves on the sharp rocks all the while thinking how delicious i must be looking to the local underwater inhabitants. Having said all of that, i survived and felt the better for it. I must also say that the last race "Latitude 28" downwinder was the most fun of all even if i was at the back of the pack just trying to stay afloat.

So to the question "what suggestions do i have" the answer is none, just bring it on.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10345 by Rightarmbad

As a beginner paddler finding his way in the sport i don't feel qualified to really have an opinion.

That's exactly what he is asking for, everybody's opinion.
I'm sure that there were more beginners in the series than veterans, so your voice will be particularly loud.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Latest Forum Topics