New to Western Aus

More
11 years 9 months ago #12017 by Josh G
Replied by Josh G on topic Re: New to Western Aus
Hey, I'm going to be around Saturday morning, do you still paddle from Dome at 7? I may head down and join you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12018 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re: New to Western Aus
Yep, most should be on the water by 7.30. Might be only a few around Saturday, there will be a few heading inland to take advantage of the swollen rivers.

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #12065 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re: New to Western Aus
How'd you go this morning Josh, find a group to paddle with. We did eventually get out on the water from the Mandurah Ocean club and did a steady 15km. Came back to the Dome afterwards but you had gone by then. If you are facebook jump on the mandurah ocean club page and once I see you there I can plug you into other paddling pages for locals.

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #12067 by Fat Belly Dog
Hi all,

Just joined up to this forum as well. New to ski paddling and living up in Trigg and just brought a Stellar SR to start training for the mini anaconda adventure race in November. Had a good paddle up at Sorrento today (no sharks....) Hope to go for another paddle tomorrow afternoon along the coast once the easterly dies out.

Cheers FBD

More
11 years 9 months ago #12106 by Josh G
Replied by Josh G on topic Re: New to Western Aus
Hey yeah thanks AR I got with a group and headed out of the channels and into the open water, it was good to get out there as I tend to avoid heading out there on my own as I don't want to get myself in trouble. Bit of a difference between how the v10 handles the surf and my kayak back home behaves all positive though, guess that's why they are called a surf ski. I take it you are the guy that called into the dome car park as I arrived and had a quick chat?

I am back on site for the next week so I will miss the paddle this coming Saturday and my partner is out from NZ the weekend after so I will have to be on my best behavior if I want to sneak out for a paddle. Will see how it goes.

Latest Forum Topics