King Of The Harbour 2012

• Rabubiman
  • Visitor
12 years 2 weeks ago #10979 by Rabubiman
King Of The Harbour 2012 was created by Rabubiman
Thanks Terry for once again putting on an awesome race. I think the organization was fantastic, particularly for a race with the logistical challenges of getting a bunch of boats and paddlers 23 kms upwind to Waiheke Island. I am hopeful that a bigger prize pool in future years will attract the numbers of internationals, now that we have seen what an awesome downwind course Auckland has to offer. There were a bunch of us screaming like schoolgirls down those 1 to 2 meter runs as we flew through the Motuihe Channel, being chased by the following sea, 15 to 20 knot Eastlies and rushing tide under the Hauraki Gulf sunshine. There was a great turnout from the South Island, and a good few Aussie paddlers, with Taihiti And the USA represented too. With absolutely no reason why the KoTH can't be an 'A' grade race on the Worldcup Series calendar, the challenge as I see it is to make a series of competitive boats available for hire, in the numbers suitable to support the South Africans and other international athletes attendance for next years race. I flew in for the race from Aus, and you helped with organization of gear and boat for myself, which was very much appreciated. Superb effort, and a big thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11003 by Kayaker Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics