Help - ski for a long legged intermediate paddler?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #11021 by steveinaus
I weigh approx. 100kg, am 6'3" with size 15 feet (for kayaks & skis, the foot size means I need more legroom) and would describe myself as an intermediate ski paddler. My biggest problem is finding a ski which I can fit on.

If possible, I would like to find a ski which my son can also fit on - 6'7" but with smaller feet.

I have been told (admittedly by those that sell Epic's), that the V10 Sport would be ideal, except when I paddle it, the bucket/leg/foot well isn't long enough and my knees are to high. I paddled an Epic V12 last weekend and again, my knees were to high. I therefore have to conclude the Epics are to small for me.

I also tried a Vajda Orca on the weekend. I had more leg room than the Epic, but I still felt my knees were to high.

Does anyone know of any racing skis for the long legged?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #11023 by Rightarmbad
I find the Vajda and v10 bucket identical length and use the same one hole back on the plate.

I just fit in the V12, it is shorter, probably just a touch short for me but manageable.

Try the Stellar SE.

There are a few threads on here already if you have a look around.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson
The following user(s) said Thank You: steveinaus

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #11024 by SAWHITE
I am 6'3" and around 115kg with size 13 feet.
I have the stellar SE and set up for me I still have approx 1 inch of adjustment in front of my foot plate. So it maybe an option for you.
Best to try it out for yourself

Shanan

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #11025 by steveinaus
Thanks Shanan,
I will try to find a Stellar SE to try out - but I think my bigger foot size will use up more than the spare inch adjustment that you have.
Anyone know of a Stellar SE I can try around Melbourne?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #11026 by Stew
We've designed the Evo II to cover a paddler of 6'5", might be worth a try.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #11029 by Nige
The Custom Kayaks skis will fit you : Mark Lewin, the owner, is 6'7". Check out the Synergy 2 or try and get your hands on the new Focus, which is selling like hot cakes here in SA.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11030 by cRAZY Canuck
I'm 6'5", 105kg with a 34" inseam

Paddled a Think Evo2 on the weekend and had the foot stops 6 or so spots aft of the formost location with about a fist to fist and a half under the knee.

Cockpit was "snug" on the hips and legs but not uncomfortably so, actually found it really nice wasn't "floating" in the seat and could give it a hip flick.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11031 by Dicko
The Think boats are the only boats I have ever paddled where I still have adjustment left. Epics, Fenns, and the stellars I have tried are not long enough in the leg for me. Try the Evo.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11032 by PerthPaddler
Hi there, I am 198cm (which I think is 6ft 5) and 108kg before dinner and I paddle the V10. I actually have the footplate pushed as far forward as it can go and not plugged onto a pin, and it fits fine and has never slipped. If slipping did cause any issues, I am sure I could find a quick solution to fix it. At 108kg I do find the bucket snug, but not uncomfortable at all. Does anyone know how the Fenn Elite stacks up for the giants?

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11034 by Scode
I'm 6'5 and 97 kgs. I'm paddling a Fenn elite SL at the moment and have no problem with the leg length, I have about four holes left till the end of the slider however the bucket is a tight fit for me. I'm using a seat pad just to raise me out of the bottom of the seat and it's going well.

Cheers

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11037 by kiwial
The Think Skis are the longest I have seen

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11039 by steveinaus
I paddled a Stellar SE earlier tonight @ one of the Peak Adventure training sessions. It is as I remembered, not enough leg room.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11040 by steveinaus
I looked @ & sat in a Think Evo II earlier today and it appears to fit - and even have some room to spare!

I still need to take an Evo II for a paddle - but I'm optimistic.

Thank you John Lissica of Fitness Paddlers spending some time with me and letting me look at and sit in some of your skis.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11042 by paddlehammo
I am 6'2 and had a look at my EVO II this morning, it still had 8cm of space to go forward.
I'd say go EVO II

More
12 years 1 day ago #11296 by jaschinski
I am 6 ft 8 inches, 195 lbs (a bit over 2m and 88kg) and I have paddled the V10 with the foot plate extension kit for 3 years and a Fenn Elite with the stock foot plate for the past year and a half and the Fenn has more length. I did try out one of the new redesigned Think skis and was amazed that I could extend the plate well past the spot that I needed. Astounding!

Latest Forum Topics