Paddle ergo machine

More
11 years 9 months ago #12133 by SAWHITE
Paddle ergo machine was created by SAWHITE
With the days short my training time has been severly restricted. Any recommendations on Ergo Paddling machines?
Sitting in th ewarmth of my garg=age at night seems better than freezing my arse off in the dark water.
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12147 by gstamer
Replied by gstamer on topic Re: Paddle ergo machine
Click on the Review tab at this site to see a good review of the KayakPro SpeedStroke Gym by Erik Borgnes.

It's expensive, and long "erging" sessions can be boring, but I have a SpeedStroke and use it often. Mind you, I'd rather be on the water, but it's great to take advantage of even an odd hour of free time. Often I can complete an interval workout in the same time that it would take me to load/unload and drive to/from the water. An erg is also good for working on technique.

Greg Stamer

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #12150 by nell
Replied by nell on topic Re: Paddle ergo machine
I recently completed my third? winter off season with the Speedstroke Gym. Great machine. Pricey, but less than the price of a new ski in the US, and it will last much longer.

Listening to podcasts on earphones or watching videos is the best way to pass time. Moderate intensity or high intensity intervals really helps pass time, too.

Like Greg said, it's a very efficient way to get in a paddling workout before or after work if your life is scheduled tightly with family and work commitments. I'm on mine about 4 days a week in the winter - 45 min to 90 minutes at a time.

I completed the Molokai race last month having paddled on water only 4 times in the preceding 8 months - just Speedstroke Gym paddling - and I finished in a respectable time. Not proud of all that erg paddling, mind you, but when free time is limited . . . Erik Borgnes
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by nell.

Latest Forum Topics