Intermediate ski for the very tall.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12450 by Draftbuster
A mate of mine is looking at buying a ski. Cool.
Problem. He's 6ft6inch.
He's way to tall for a V10 sport.
My Stellar SE almost fits him. Probably. Sess to. Be an inch or two longer.
He's a good athlete about 70kg probably needs an intermediate ski.
Any ideas ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12452 by [email protected]
Phew, very tall but not very heavy.

A boat that is getting a lot of favourable feedback is the Custom Kayaks Focus - and it definitely adjusts to very tall people (Mark Lewin who makes it, made adjustable for himself, he's 6ft 8 or something...)

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #12453 by AR_convert
I am 6ft2in and I had plenty of room to spare in the Vault. Dicko is around my height but has even longer legs and also has a Vault.
If your friend fits in it the low volume may suit his weight also.

Yeah it's unfortunate about the V10 sport, you'd think in that width ski they could make a longer bucket, I had mine maxed out and I'm not overly tall.

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by AR_convert.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #12454 by [email protected]
The Vault is also relatively low volume which might suit a 70kg paddler.

(Ah - RAB already mentioned that...) The Carbonology boats are also more likely to available I think.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by [email protected].

More
11 years 8 months ago #12455 by AR_convert

robin.mousley wrote: (Ah - RAB already mentioned that...)

:ohmy: Same country, different coast ;)

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #12457 by JML
Have a look at the Think Evo II - plenty of leg room and a fast and comfortable intermediate ski to boot. Should also provide a snug fit. Have had no problems fitting a couple of very tall paddlers in this ski in the last month.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12469 by Trilobite
Have you tried the Stellar SE-L? I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and still have 3" left on the tracks. At 70 kg., weight would not be an issue. The SE-L has a longer cockpit than the SE. It has almost the stability of an intermediate boat, but the speed of an HPS. Likes the sloppy stuff-very predictable.

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame

More
11 years 8 months ago #12470 by Kayaker Greg
I'm about to pull the trigger on a SEL, everything I read about it has me excited about the added stability over the SES I have and where I'll be able to use it.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12472 by Dicko
Think evo has the longest adjustment of any ski in the history of the entire world ever. Vault is on the last adjustment with some footplate adjustment. Epic and fenn too short. Red 7 were on the last adjustment. Stellar have huge long cockpits but don't put the runners right to the end.
Think boats literally have 6cm of adjustment left at my preferred length. Told bigadski to put the adjustment on the last peg when I tried one. When I jumped in my legs were nearly straight.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12477 by Draftbuster
Thanks people. Will try and find an evo for a test fit.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12480 by heinvr
Give the Carbonology-Sport Zest a try. Longer footwell and a bit broarder than the Vault, but still a great ski.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12494 by thebigadski
The EVOii will easily accommodate the 6'6" paddler.

And its super comfy too!

Where are you located? I could point you in the right direction for a demo.

Latest Forum Topics