Tell us your story about your first burton ski

More
11 years 7 months ago #12482 by Burtonwatersports
Want to hear from anyone who has ever owned a burton ski. What events have you won on a burton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12511 by SAWHITE
Circa 1989 Spec ski. One with screw on flare on nose. Still have it and dragged it out for Nutty masters surf carnival last year. Very rough day at Wamberal Beach. Officials weren't happy as it doesn't comply anymore with regs ( no quick release foot straps etc.)

Many comments like what museum did that come from?

2nd or 3rd out through break to eventually come fifth. Found small hole in it as it was taking on about 4 litres per race but still quick enough to beat many new spec skis.

Great to see the look on the faces of those putting shit on me when I am standing there watching them come in after me.
'Once a fast Burton - Always a fast Burton'

Cheers

Shanan

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #12512 by Burtonwatersports
Hi shanan,
They are unsinkable I have one the same as yours which was once dean mercer's as it has his name inside and they just keep going. All our new burton skis are all slsa compliant with the quick release etc are the only changes made.
It's good to hear that you race it and that it turns heads. If you are after a new one they are back and still just as fast if not faster.
Regards
Cy
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Burtonwatersports.

Latest Forum Topics