Swordfish vs V10 Sport

More
11 years 5 months ago #14501 by drjay9051
I know this is a somewhat subjective issue however which is considered the "more stable" ski, Swordfish or V10 Sport.

In terms of both primary and secondary stability.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #14504 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: Swordfish vs V10 Sport
The V10 Sport is considered more stable, even its dimensions on paper would indicate that. However in the real world a lot of people that have a bit more then beginner level balance and are not 100kg are finding the swordfish more predictable and easier to handle in the bump.

Just paddle both skis of the same weight/layups and see what you reckon.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by superted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drjay9051

More
11 years 5 months ago #14515 by Marieski
Replied by Marieski on topic Re: Swordfish vs V10 Sport
I've paddled both for over a year each. The V10s has more primary and secondary hull stability, but the Swordy has a narrower bucket and fits me more snugly, which I have found makes a big difference; I feel much more part of the boat and can react more positively to water conditions. If you find the Epic bucket a good fit, then you will find the Epic the more stable of the two.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

More
11 years 5 months ago #14519 by TheGoose
Replied by TheGoose on topic Re: Swordfish vs V10 Sport
Hey Jay, trust this finds you well. See you still toying with the idea of replacing the Sport...

The best way to improve stability in "Any" ski is to paddle in the Bay when its full of Jelly Fish...not only does it make you concentrate, but your remounting skills go up a level...trust me.

Our Bay full of Jellies at the moment, and touch wood, have done nearly two hours without falling off...

The best stability advice I have got thus far is to spend time on the Ski...just keep at it...

Good luck...

More
11 years 5 months ago #14521 by drjay9051

TheGoose wrote: Hey Jay, trust this finds you well. See you still toying with the idea of replacing the Sport...

The best way to improve stability in "Any" ski is to paddle in the Bay when its full of Jelly Fish...not only does it make you concentrate, but your remounting skills go up a level...trust me.

Our Bay full of Jellies at the moment, and touch wood, have done nearly two hours without falling off...

The best stability advice I have got thus far is to spend time on the Ski...just keep at it...

Good luck...

Goose:
Not looking to replace . Just want to add a second ski.
I am actually looking for a ski a bit more stable than the sport. I'm doing OK in the sport but on days with rougher conditions I'd like to be able to paddle for a longer distance before swimming. Looks like the Swordfish is not the ski for me.

I don't want to take a hugh leap backward just looking for a bit more stability when needed.

I was advised to look at the Vajda Oscar but from what i hear there is a big legal issue with Epic ?

You do have a point . I can stay with the Sport as my only ski and in time develop

• jamesb
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #14523 by jamesb
Replied by jamesb on topic Re: Swordfish vs V10 Sport
Try the Think Evo. I paddle one at 100m kg, in "the real world" and don't have any problems with the "bump". ;)

Latest Forum Topics