Ozpaddle Seamaster Surfski

• Ole
  • Visitor
11 years 1 day ago #15936 by Ole
Ozpaddle Seamaster Surfski was created by Ole
Hi, I am new top this forum and I am currently looking for my first surfski (used). I found a "seapaddle Sea Master" ski form 2010 but can't find any information about the ski at all.
Has anybody ever heard of this model?

Many thanks,
Ole

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JeandeFlorette
  • Visitor
11 years 1 day ago #15940 by JeandeFlorette
Replied by JeandeFlorette on topic Re: Ozpaddle Seamaster Surfski
you may be referring to the Ozflyte Seamaster which is a hybrid between a spec and an ocean ski. High seat, big bow, 6m40 a bit heavy but can take big seas without any trouble. Very rugged but perhaps not the easiest ski to start learning. I started on this ski and had difficulties with its stability until I got some tips from the experts but it can be done, you will need to be patient and keep working at it. One thing I remember is that it is far easier to remount than am ocean ski! I had my first surfing experience on it during a big easterly, it was bliss. You should have lots of fun with it once you get the grips of it. Enjoy!

• Ole
  • Visitor
11 years 14 hours ago #15943 by Ole
Replied by Ole on topic Re: Ozpaddle Seamaster Surfski
Hi JeandeFlorette,

many thanks. Ozflyte - that's what I thought too but the images provided clearly show OzPaddle (cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...7&fromMakeTrack=true). I wrote to Ozpaddle but didn't get an answer so far.
I paddle Kayaks (sit-in and sit-on) but I am totally aware (and afraid) of the hard work in front of me (43 years old). We live at the mid-north coast and I thought of joining the local SLSC to get advise and inspiration.
I will contact the seller and ask for a test paddle - will update soon.

Many thanks, Ole

• JeandeFlorette
  • Visitor
11 years 12 hours ago #15944 by JeandeFlorette
Yes it's the same ski, looks in good condition. Try it first if you can

• Ole
  • Visitor
11 years 12 hours ago #15945 by Ole
Thanks, will do. They claim that it is onloy 3 years old, looks older to me...??? Any comment? Thanks,
Ole

• JeandeFlorette
  • Visitor
11 years 10 hours ago #15946 by JeandeFlorette
That's what mine looked like. The one you're interested in looks in much better condition and you could get it at a good price. Check the hull for any soft spots or repairs.
Attachments:

• Ole
  • Visitor
11 years 10 hours ago #15947 by Ole
Thanks. I agree, it looks like it is in good condition. I am just a bit concerned that I'll buy a ski which much older than told. Can't find any information about the ski (also nothing about Ozflyte Seamaster), hence some doubts. On the other hand, relatively cheap for a beginner. I am also considering a used Spirit PRS (plastic ski), would that be more helpful (any experience?)? Cheers, Ole

More
11 years 9 hours ago #15948 by Spudnut72
I learnt to paddle on a Spirit PRS - still have it in fact. The ski is stable, fun to surf and bullet proof. A bit heavy to carry but does not feel 'heavy' in the water. This ski is perfect to learn on as it forgives your mistakes and does not require a visit to the local fibreglass repairer when you drop it or hit something.
Cheers, Spud
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ole

More
11 years 3 hours ago #15951 by Dicko
Looks like a good beginner ski. Shallow at the cockpit, so its easy to remount. Full length, so it won't be slow. Looks wide behind the cockpit, so is probably stable. Good price....at the moment. I'd buy it. The only trouble is every paddler in NSW now knows there's a cheap ski on ebay. Doh!

More
10 years 11 months ago #15954 by keithnix
Hi Ole I used to own one of these skis. The Seamaster was an intermediate ski, sitting between a beginner’s ski and an elite ski (Ozflyte Scud) in the Ozflyte range back in the days when the Fenn Millennium ruled all the races.

In terms of stability and seat setup it is like a spec ski, although it is 21 foot and has the nose of a ocean racing ski.

The model in your pic is a later one as it has adjustable foot length. Earlier ones had fixed leg lengths like spec skis.

I eventually upgraded mine to one of the first generation of Epic V10’s. Another paddler I knew upgraded his to a Epic V10 sport and another to a Red 7 Surf 70, because the newer generation of skis were faster.

The original owner of Ozflyte retired and sold the business and the business has had two owners since so the current owners may not know much about the ski.

If it is in good condition and $300 it is a bargain. The ski won’t win any speed records compared to modern skis but you can’t argue about the price.

• Ole
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #15955 by Ole
Thanks for your response. So would it be fair to say that the ski is about 7-9 years old? Thanks, Ole

More
10 years 11 months ago #15957 by keithnix
Hi Ole sorry I am just not sure when they stopped making them the adjustable foot length was one of the later ones. So it could be 3-5 years ago? Its quality really depends on how much use it had- I know mine had a lot! Check the seams and check for any soft spots.

More
10 years 11 months ago #15959 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re: Ozpaddle Seamaster Surfski
Give Tommy at OzPaddle a call. His Dad would have made the ski and he'll tell you exactly how old, design specs etc.

• Ole
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #15970 by Ole
Hi all,
I had a look at the ski today and decided not to bid on the ski. I can't tell you exactly why, the owner is a nice guy and he mentions the chipped side but a pictures of it should, in my opinion, reflect the condition of the ski. It is in a good condition, the feeling comes more from my stomache and I usually listen to this.....Good luck for everyone who is bidding on it, I am sure the winner will be happy with it. And many thanks for all your help. I will continue looking for a ski and will definitely come back to this forum many times. All the best, Ole
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Ole. Reason: spelling mistakes

Latest Forum Topics