Surfski rental or shop near Santa Monica CA?

• Ole
  • Visitor
11 years 6 days ago #16268 by Ole
Hi everyone,

I am going to the US on Sunday and wonder of there is a surfski rental or shop near Santa Monica or LA (California)?

Many thanks,
Ole

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 days ago #16270 by Sandy
Ocean Paddlesports in Costa Mesa. Fine Folks and Excellent Paddlers , you likely see their ad pop-up in the header for this website. Costa Mesa is south of Santa Monica in Orange County and the drive can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on traffic. OP is basically your only option for surf skis in the LA area. There are also other options but further away in San Diego . There are several outrigger canoe clubs in the LA area , you might find more opportunities goggling them for info.

• Ole
  • Visitor
11 years 6 days ago #16271 by Ole
Hi Sandy, many thanks for the fast reply.

Best,
Ole

More
11 years 6 days ago #16278 by Col Campbell
Sandy, thanks for the info.

I am passing through LA next month & maybe interested in ski hire as well.

Do you know of a local race or events calendar as it would be good to try & fit in a race whilst passing through if possible.

• Sackwatt
  • Visitor
11 years 4 days ago #16294 by Sackwatt
Hi Ole
If you are going to be in Santa Monica a group of us paddle from Marina del Rey.
I also live in Santa Monica. I am sure Patrick at Ocean paddle sports will be able to hire you a ski. Look forward to seeing you on the water.
Harry

• Ole
  • Visitor
11 years 4 days ago #16299 by Ole
Hi Harry,

I will try my best, I hope I'll find the time.
If not, we intend to spend a lot more time in LA soon and I would be absolutely interested in meeting you and the group.

Tahnks,
Ole

• Sackwatt
  • Visitor
11 years 4 days ago #16300 by Sackwatt
Sandy no races until the US Surfski Champs in San Francisco at the beginning of August.
A few of us as mentioned paddle out of Marina del Rey and more from Newport Beach. I do have a double so if you or Ole are keen for a paddle we could always go out in a double or use my single on the days I am not paddling. Something to keep in mind if you are desperate for a paddle while in LA.
Harry

• Ole
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #16637 by Ole
Hi Harry,

unfortuately, couldn't find the time to come to Marina del Ray...hopefully next time.

I have to go to San Francisco next month, would you know were to rent a sufski there? It is hard to find anything in on the internet....

Thanks,
Ole

Latest Forum Topics