EPIC PADDLES

More
10 years 11 months ago #16347 by @NachoSoler94
EPIC PADDLES was created by @NachoSoler94
Hi,
I just would like to know wich shaft is softer, the green one or the burgundy shaft ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #16348 by Kocho
Replied by Kocho on topic Re: EPIC PADDLES
Edited out... Most references say green is more flexible, then burgundy, then blue (for sprint)...
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Kocho.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16350 by CyberSki
Replied by CyberSki on topic Re: EPIC PADDLES
I have a green shaft on my "Club" model Epic Mid that used to be called the Hybrid I believe. It is a fiberglass shaft I believe, so is a bit heavier and not as stiff as the carbon shafts.

(this is my understanding, anyway)

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
10 years 11 months ago #16351 by Kocho
When I shortened mine, I saw some carbon in it too, if not mistaken (not just glass)...

More
10 years 11 months ago #16352 by @NachoSoler94
Replied by @NachoSoler94 on topic Re: EPIC PADDLES
So the Burgundy is an Intermediated level of stiffness between the blue and green shaft, isn't it ?

More
10 years 11 months ago #16353 by Wally
Replied by Wally on topic Re: EPIC PADDLES
Green shaft most flexible, Burgundy middle and Blue the stiffest shaft.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #16355 by Kocho
Hmmm... I know the burgundy is called medium flex and this review also puts it in the middle b/w green and black (www.surfski.info/reviews/paddles/story/2...mid-wing-paddle.html) but I thought by feel the burgundy felt more flexible to me than the green... Has been a while since I switched paddles with my buddies, so I might be mistaken...

At any rate, the green is supposed to be more durable than the burgundy... I'm still amazed that I can pull on my wing with as much power as I do occasionally for a short burst and it is still in one piece (two, to be precise). The shafts are so light and comprise only a small portion of the overall weight of the paddle anyway, that I don't think it matters weight-wise. The blade weight matters much more - the carbon blades feel lighter in use than the hybrid blades on the same green shaft...
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Kocho.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16365 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic Re: EPIC PADDLES
I had two green shafts (both broken now :angry: ) and have two burgundy shafts and to me the burgundy shafts feel more flexible than the green shafts and while I used to do hard out sprint training with the green shafts I'm not game enough to do the same with the burgundy shafts, they just feel too light weight.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16369 by CyberSki
Replied by CyberSki on topic Re: EPIC PADDLES
Kocho - it is my understanding that my "club" (used to be Hybrid) has carbon blades too - it is just the shaft that is heavier due to the fiberglass layup. Maybe I am confused..

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
10 years 11 months ago #16371 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic Re: EPIC PADDLES
They came in both, green shaft with carbon blades like I have and a hybrid version.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16372 by Kocho

CyberSki wrote: Kocho - it is my understanding that my "club" (used to be Hybrid) has carbon blades too - it is just the shaft that is heavier due to the fiberglass layup. Maybe I am confused..

Not sure what it's called, but it is a green shaft (carbon/glass composite) with black carbon blades (probably composite too, have not broken one yet to see...). Before that I had the same shaft but with the silver fiberglass blades, which were heavier a bit.

Latest Forum Topics