Vajda hawx

More
10 years 7 months ago #17912 by Rob1
Vajda hawx was created by Rob1
After any feedback on the vajda hawx, how does it perform in down wind conditions and what's it like compared to other skis. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JamieMc
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #17932 by JamieMc
Replied by JamieMc on topic Vajda hawx
Rob, the hawx rocks downwind! Best way to find out, is to get on one & see how it feels. There is a few videos Cade Barnes has on Vimeo that show what it is capable of.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #18163 by skibumjoe
Replied by skibumjoe on topic Vajda hawx
I started paddling the Vajda Hawx Elite Pro last June. Bought it from Mark M. at Elite Ocean Sports.

The Hawx is a great boat. The finish and construction is solid and looks great. Before the Hawx, I've been paddling a Huki S1-X Special since June 2010. The major difference are the seat height and stability. My Huki is also handicapped at 34lbs. The Hawx Elite Pro is around 23lbs.

The Hawx's flat bottom and generous chime makes the boat predictable. The higher seat bottom makes the Hawx seem less stable at first. After acclimating, the raised position pays off with the added leverage in every stroke. Occasionally, the higher center of gravity becomes an issue with challenging conditions. This is when the chime really helps with the secondary stability.

The Hawx's foot plate mechanism is similar to the Huki's. Two pins secure the plate assembly to rails mounted on the side of the foot-well. The gas pedal adjust is similar to Epic's.

The Hawx came with an Anderson bailer. It's so great to be able to close and open. It's still a balancing act to operate without a close call of going for a swim.

Overall, I've enjoyed paddling the Hawx. It's fun and offers new challenges.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by skibumjoe.

More
10 years 6 months ago #18165 by mckengmsurfski
Replied by mckengmsurfski on topic Vajda hawx
For anyone in the Northeastern US wanted to try the Vajda Hawx, I will be heading up for the L2L surfski race on September 7th and there looks to be several Hawx paddlers taking part. Additionally, I will have a couple of Vajda Hawx Elite demos with me and both will be available at a discounted price after the race. I will also have some G'Power Paddles available to try, so be sure and contact me thru our website if you have any interest or questions.

Latest Forum Topics